Soulja Boy Takes Credit for Willow Smith's 'Whip My Hair'
Rapper Soulja Boy has sparked controversy in the world of Twitter.com after declaring he is the man responsible for the catchy lyrics to Willow Smith's hit song WHIP MY HAIR. The "Crank That (Soulja Boy)" hitmaker, real name DeAndre Way, took to the microblogging site on Sunday, January 2 and took credit for the track, which has catapulted Hollywood star Will Smith's 10-year-old daughter into the pop charts.
Referring to a snippet from his 2009 single "Turn My Sway On", he wrote, "YES ITS TRUE I WROTE "WHIP MY HAIR" FOR WILLOW SMITH. THATS WHY SHE SAYS HOP OUT THE BED TURN MY SWAG ON. WE GETTING $$$ 2011 NO GAMES (sic)." The hip-hop star's claim immediately came under scrutiny when it was retweeted by followers across the world - because songwriting team Ronald Jackson and Janae Rockwell are listed as the brains behind "Whip My Hair".
Smith's representatives had yet to comment on Soulja Boy's boast as WENN went to press. However, there may be an ounce of truth to Soulja Boy's claim after all - he is reported to have trademarked the phrase, "Turn my swag on", meaning Smith's song producers would have had to compensate the rapper for using the wording.
- Kim Ji Won Reveals She's Jealous of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo
- Kris Jenner Is Planning to Send Rob Kardashian to Psych Ward
- Miley Cyrus and Jennifer Hudson Are Feuding on 'The Voice'
- Blac Chyna Parties With Lamar Odom and Tyga
- Girls' Generation's Yuri Injures Her Leg During SM Town Show
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective