Soulja Boy Takes Credit for Willow Smith's 'Whip My Hair'
Rapper Soulja Boy has sparked controversy in the world of Twitter.com after declaring he is the man responsible for the catchy lyrics to Willow Smith's hit song WHIP MY HAIR. The "Crank That (Soulja Boy)" hitmaker, real name DeAndre Way, took to the microblogging site on Sunday, January 2 and took credit for the track, which has catapulted Hollywood star Will Smith's 10-year-old daughter into the pop charts.
Referring to a snippet from his 2009 single "Turn My Sway On", he wrote, "YES ITS TRUE I WROTE "WHIP MY HAIR" FOR WILLOW SMITH. THATS WHY SHE SAYS HOP OUT THE BED TURN MY SWAG ON. WE GETTING $$$ 2011 NO GAMES (sic)." The hip-hop star's claim immediately came under scrutiny when it was retweeted by followers across the world - because songwriting team Ronald Jackson and Janae Rockwell are listed as the brains behind "Whip My Hair".
Smith's representatives had yet to comment on Soulja Boy's boast as WENN went to press. However, there may be an ounce of truth to Soulja Boy's claim after all - he is reported to have trademarked the phrase, "Turn my swag on", meaning Smith's song producers would have had to compensate the rapper for using the wording.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked