Soulja Boy Takes Credit for Willow Smith's 'Whip My Hair'
Rapper Soulja Boy has sparked controversy in the world of Twitter.com after declaring he is the man responsible for the catchy lyrics to Willow Smith's hit song WHIP MY HAIR. The "Crank That (Soulja Boy)" hitmaker, real name DeAndre Way, took to the microblogging site on Sunday, January 2 and took credit for the track, which has catapulted Hollywood star Will Smith's 10-year-old daughter into the pop charts.
Referring to a snippet from his 2009 single "Turn My Sway On", he wrote, "YES ITS TRUE I WROTE "WHIP MY HAIR" FOR WILLOW SMITH. THATS WHY SHE SAYS HOP OUT THE BED TURN MY SWAG ON. WE GETTING $$$ 2011 NO GAMES (sic)." The hip-hop star's claim immediately came under scrutiny when it was retweeted by followers across the world - because songwriting team Ronald Jackson and Janae Rockwell are listed as the brains behind "Whip My Hair".
Smith's representatives had yet to comment on Soulja Boy's boast as WENN went to press. However, there may be an ounce of truth to Soulja Boy's claim after all - he is reported to have trademarked the phrase, "Turn my swag on", meaning Smith's song producers would have had to compensate the rapper for using the wording.
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift