Justin Bieber Aiming for Michael Jackson's Success
Justin Bieber's goal in life is to reach the same level of fame as his idol Michael Jackson. The teenage pop star cites the "Thriller" hitmaker as his greatest influence, and admits he strives to emulate Jackson's success as an entertainer.
And Bieber hopes his music will eventually reach a wider audience so he can be appreciated by fans of all ages. He tells Vanity Fair magazine, "Music is music, and I'm definitely influenced by Michael Jackson."
"Michael was able to reach audiences from young to old; he never limited himself. He was so broad, everybody loved him, and that's what my goal is - to basically make people happy, to inspire them, and to have everyone root for me."
And Bieber hopes more men will start listening to his music, adding, "For younger guys, it's like (they think) they're not cool if they come to my concert. That'll (change), I think; it'll happen, maybe when I'm 18. But meanwhile all their girlfriends are coming to watch me."
More Justin Bieber News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival