Taylor Lautner Asked to Observe Tom Cruise for 'Abduction'
Taylor Lautner is busy studying the films of Tom Cruise in a bid to emulate the movie star's career, following advice from director John Singleton. The "Twilight" star is set to step away from his role as a werewolf in the popular vampire franchise to lead the cast in new action movie "Abduction".
"Boyz N the Hood" director Singleton is taking charge of the upcoming movie, and he has been advising Lautner how to carve out a career like his idol Cruise. Singleton tells the Los Angeles Times, "I told him to watch the transition from 'Top Gun' to 'Rain Man' to 'Born on the Fourth of July'. To think about what he (Cruise) did as a young man and what he did later on. And then think about what you want to do."
"Twilight is a great stepping stone for his (Lautner's) career. It's like, 'Wow, he's an icon already.' But now that you have this stature, it's a question of what you do with it. And that's what he's been working hard on."
- Benedict Cumberbatch Interviews Tom Hiddleston and Refuses to Ask Him About Taylor Swift
- Kim Kardashian's Prankster Attacked Her Because She's So Fake
- Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic: Here's First Look at Nathan Keyes as Justin Timberlake
- Johnny Depp and Michelle Pfeiffer Eyed to Join 'Murder on the Orient Express'
- Selena Gomez Is Queen of Instagram, Becomes the First Person to Reach 100M Followers
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reportedly Planning a 'Secret Wedding' to Nina Agdal
- Listen to Juicy J's New Single 'Ballin' Feat. Kanye West
- 'Black Panther' Casts 'Person of Interest' Alum Winston Duke as Villainous Man-Ape