Taylor Lautner Asked to Observe Tom Cruise for 'Abduction'
Taylor Lautner is busy studying the films of Tom Cruise in a bid to emulate the movie star's career, following advice from director John Singleton. The "Twilight" star is set to step away from his role as a werewolf in the popular vampire franchise to lead the cast in new action movie "Abduction".
"Boyz N the Hood" director Singleton is taking charge of the upcoming movie, and he has been advising Lautner how to carve out a career like his idol Cruise. Singleton tells the Los Angeles Times, "I told him to watch the transition from 'Top Gun' to 'Rain Man' to 'Born on the Fourth of July'. To think about what he (Cruise) did as a young man and what he did later on. And then think about what you want to do."
"Twilight is a great stepping stone for his (Lautner's) career. It's like, 'Wow, he's an icon already.' But now that you have this stature, it's a question of what you do with it. And that's what he's been working hard on."
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off