Taylor Lautner Asked to Observe Tom Cruise for 'Abduction'
Taylor Lautner is busy studying the films of Tom Cruise in a bid to emulate the movie star's career, following advice from director John Singleton. The "Twilight" star is set to step away from his role as a werewolf in the popular vampire franchise to lead the cast in new action movie "Abduction".
"Boyz N the Hood" director Singleton is taking charge of the upcoming movie, and he has been advising Lautner how to carve out a career like his idol Cruise. Singleton tells the Los Angeles Times, "I told him to watch the transition from 'Top Gun' to 'Rain Man' to 'Born on the Fourth of July'. To think about what he (Cruise) did as a young man and what he did later on. And then think about what you want to do."
"Twilight is a great stepping stone for his (Lautner's) career. It's like, 'Wow, he's an icon already.' But now that you have this stature, it's a question of what you do with it. And that's what he's been working hard on."
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard