Taylor Lautner Asked to Observe Tom Cruise for 'Abduction'
Taylor Lautner is busy studying the films of Tom Cruise in a bid to emulate the movie star's career, following advice from director John Singleton. The "Twilight" star is set to step away from his role as a werewolf in the popular vampire franchise to lead the cast in new action movie "Abduction".
"Boyz N the Hood" director Singleton is taking charge of the upcoming movie, and he has been advising Lautner how to carve out a career like his idol Cruise. Singleton tells the Los Angeles Times, "I told him to watch the transition from 'Top Gun' to 'Rain Man' to 'Born on the Fourth of July'. To think about what he (Cruise) did as a young man and what he did later on. And then think about what you want to do."
"Twilight is a great stepping stone for his (Lautner's) career. It's like, 'Wow, he's an icon already.' But now that you have this stature, it's a question of what you do with it. And that's what he's been working hard on."
- Scott Disick Can't Keep His Hands Off Bella Thorne During Intimate Vacation in Cannes
- Bella Hadid Turns Heads in Daring Dress as She Debuts Short Bangs at Perfume Launch in Italy
- 'Top Gun 2' May Be Directed by Joseph Kosinski, Val Kilmer May Return
- Ariana Grande Postpones European Tour Through June 5 After Manchester Bombing
- A Hero Returns in Darkness in Netflix's 'Castlevania' First Teaser
- Bikini-Clad Ariel Winter Flashes Her Butt as She Kisses Beau Levi Meaden in PDA-Filled Pic
- Harry Styles Stops His Concert to Pay Tribute to Victims of Manchester Bombing
- Jack Kesy Rumored to Play Tom Cassidy in 'Deadpool 2'