T.V. Carpio Replaces Quitting Broadway 'Spider-Man' Actress
"Across the Universe" star T.V. Carpio is set to replace injured actress Natalie Mendoza in the beleaguered "Spider-Man" musical. Mendoza quit her role as villainess Arachne in "Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark" last week, a month after she was injured in an onstage accident which saw her hit on the head with a weighted rope.
The actress subsequently suffered nausea and headaches and took time off before quitting the troubled Broadway show altogether. Director Julie Taymor has now announced Carpio as her official replacement and the actress will take Mendoza 's place in the show on Tuesday, January 4 night.
Taymor, who previously directed Carpio in 2007 romance movie "Across the Universe", tells the Hollywood Reporter, "T.V. is a superb singer and actress whom I've loved since we worked together on Across the Universe. She brings a unique talent and take on the role of Arachne... We are thrilled she is taking over the role."
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?