T.V. Carpio Replaces Quitting Broadway 'Spider-Man' Actress
"Across the Universe" star T.V. Carpio is set to replace injured actress Natalie Mendoza in the beleaguered "Spider-Man" musical. Mendoza quit her role as villainess Arachne in "Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark" last week, a month after she was injured in an onstage accident which saw her hit on the head with a weighted rope.
The actress subsequently suffered nausea and headaches and took time off before quitting the troubled Broadway show altogether. Director Julie Taymor has now announced Carpio as her official replacement and the actress will take Mendoza 's place in the show on Tuesday, January 4 night.
Taymor, who previously directed Carpio in 2007 romance movie "Across the Universe", tells the Hollywood Reporter, "T.V. is a superb singer and actress whom I've loved since we worked together on Across the Universe. She brings a unique talent and take on the role of Arachne... We are thrilled she is taking over the role."
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier