T.V. Carpio Replaces Quitting Broadway 'Spider-Man' Actress
"Across the Universe" star T.V. Carpio is set to replace injured actress Natalie Mendoza in the beleaguered "Spider-Man" musical. Mendoza quit her role as villainess Arachne in "Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark" last week, a month after she was injured in an onstage accident which saw her hit on the head with a weighted rope.
The actress subsequently suffered nausea and headaches and took time off before quitting the troubled Broadway show altogether. Director Julie Taymor has now announced Carpio as her official replacement and the actress will take Mendoza 's place in the show on Tuesday, January 4 night.
Taymor, who previously directed Carpio in 2007 romance movie "Across the Universe", tells the Hollywood Reporter, "T.V. is a superb singer and actress whom I've loved since we worked together on Across the Universe. She brings a unique talent and take on the role of Arachne... We are thrilled she is taking over the role."
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service