T.V. Carpio Replaces Quitting Broadway 'Spider-Man' Actress
"Across the Universe" star T.V. Carpio is set to replace injured actress Natalie Mendoza in the beleaguered "Spider-Man" musical. Mendoza quit her role as villainess Arachne in "Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark" last week, a month after she was injured in an onstage accident which saw her hit on the head with a weighted rope.
The actress subsequently suffered nausea and headaches and took time off before quitting the troubled Broadway show altogether. Director Julie Taymor has now announced Carpio as her official replacement and the actress will take Mendoza 's place in the show on Tuesday, January 4 night.
Taymor, who previously directed Carpio in 2007 romance movie "Across the Universe", tells the Hollywood Reporter, "T.V. is a superb singer and actress whom I've loved since we worked together on Across the Universe. She brings a unique talent and take on the role of Arachne... We are thrilled she is taking over the role."
- Katherine Heigl and Josh Kelley Welcome Baby Boy - Find Out His Name
- Katie Holmes and Suri Cruise Have Mother-Daughter Date at Lakers Game
- Justin Bieber on Selena Gomez's Romance With The Weeknd: It's Only for Promotion
- Chris Brown and Rihanna May Start Hooking Up Again After Spotted Hanging Out Together
- Chris Pratt Shares Great Chemistry With Anna Faris in 'Mom' Sneak Peek
- Amber Rose Left Blushing After Beau Val Chmerkovkiy Kisses Her at NY Knicks Game
- What Bad Blood? Selena Gomez and Taylor Swift Reunite at Secret Meeting After Months Apart
- DJ Khaled May Be Working on New Music With Alicia Keys, Justin Bieber and Chance the Rapper