Former Avenged Sevenfold Star Forms Supergroup With Deep Purple Member
Former Dream Theater and Avenged Sevenfold drummer Mike Portnoy has formed a new supergroup with members of Deep Purple and Endochine. The unnamed outfit, announced via Portnoy's Twitter.com account, will feature guitarist Steve Morse, cNeal and bassist Dave LaRue. Former Endochine star Casey McPherson will front the group.
Blabbermouth.net reports the band has just entered the studio to begin work on a new album. Neal Morse says, "Last April I got together with Steve Morse to do some writing and to see what would happen with a collaboration between the two of us... I went down to his house in Florida and spent some days with him, getting to know him and writing some music and we had a really good time. So we've been talking about doing a project together for a while."
"We're all going to get together and work from scratch with no pre-prepared material and see what comes out. I'd like to do something different. There are some demos and some things that Steve and I did in April that we've worked on and so we'll have some things to start with, but I think the plan is to get together and see what happens and write in the room."
- Father of 3 Daughters Extends 'Redneck Love' to Ariana Grande After Manchester Bombing
- Nick Jonas' New Song 'Remember I Told You' Is a Sassy Breakup Jam
- Shia LaBeouf Sued for Defamation and Assault Following Bowling Alley Fight
- Blac Chyna Sends Fans Into Frenzy With Steamy Topless Pic
- 'Luke Cage' Season 2 Will Explore Luke's Public Identity
- Get a Look at Hulk's Glamorous Sakaar Bed in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Brad Pitt, Pharrell and More Celebrity Pals Attend Chris Cornell's Funeral
- Ariana Grande's Boyfriend Mac Miller Cancels Two Shows Following Manchester Bombing