Former Avenged Sevenfold Star Forms Supergroup With Deep Purple Member
Former Dream Theater and Avenged Sevenfold drummer Mike Portnoy has formed a new supergroup with members of Deep Purple and Endochine. The unnamed outfit, announced via Portnoy's Twitter.com account, will feature guitarist Steve Morse, cNeal and bassist Dave LaRue. Former Endochine star Casey McPherson will front the group.
Blabbermouth.net reports the band has just entered the studio to begin work on a new album. Neal Morse says, "Last April I got together with Steve Morse to do some writing and to see what would happen with a collaboration between the two of us... I went down to his house in Florida and spent some days with him, getting to know him and writing some music and we had a really good time. So we've been talking about doing a project together for a while."
"We're all going to get together and work from scratch with no pre-prepared material and see what comes out. I'd like to do something different. There are some demos and some things that Steve and I did in April that we've worked on and so we'll have some things to start with, but I think the plan is to get together and see what happens and write in the room."
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny