Former Avenged Sevenfold Star Forms Supergroup With Deep Purple Member
Former Dream Theater and Avenged Sevenfold drummer Mike Portnoy has formed a new supergroup with members of Deep Purple and Endochine. The unnamed outfit, announced via Portnoy's Twitter.com account, will feature guitarist Steve Morse, cNeal and bassist Dave LaRue. Former Endochine star Casey McPherson will front the group.
Blabbermouth.net reports the band has just entered the studio to begin work on a new album. Neal Morse says, "Last April I got together with Steve Morse to do some writing and to see what would happen with a collaboration between the two of us... I went down to his house in Florida and spent some days with him, getting to know him and writing some music and we had a really good time. So we've been talking about doing a project together for a while."
"We're all going to get together and work from scratch with no pre-prepared material and see what comes out. I'd like to do something different. There are some demos and some things that Steve and I did in April that we've worked on and so we'll have some things to start with, but I think the plan is to get together and see what happens and write in the room."
- Mariah Carey Debuts New Song 'Infamous' for 'Empire' Series
- Keanu Reeves Walks Down Brooklyn Bridge With His New Dog in New 'John Wick 2' Pic
- Here's the Real Reason Rob Kardashian Tweeted Kylie Jenner's Number. Does She Deserve It?
- Report: Taylor Swift Is Pursuing Prince Harry After Tom Hiddleston Split
- Margot Robbie in 'Saturday Night Live' Promo: I'm a Felon
- Watch James Corden and Backstreet Boys' Synchronized Dance for 'Everybody (Backstreet's Back)'
- Gal Gadot Flaunts Sexy Body in Skimpy Lingerie in 'Keeping Up with the Joneses' Clip
- 'Empire' 3.03 Preview: Wrong Charge