Masseuses Accuse Brett Favre of Sexual Harassment
American football great Brett Favre's retirement has started with another sex scandal - two massage therapists have accused the sportsman of sexual harassment. The quarterback was hit with a $50,000 fine for refusing to help National Football League officials investigating allegations he sent a former New York Jets employee a camera phone photo of his penis and now, a day after announcing his retirement, he faces fresh allegations from his time in New York in 2008.
Christina Scavo and Shannon O'Toole claim Favre mistreated them and made unwanted sexual advances in their legal papers. The masseuses also name the Jets operation as defendants, claiming the team created a culture that was "a hot bed of sexual harassment... and inappropriate behavior." In her complaint, Scavo claims Favre treated her like a "hanging slab of meat" and asked her to engage in three-way sex with her and another therapist.
The two women's attorney Elizabeth Eilender tells USA Today, "I suspect that this case is only the tip of the iceberg with respect to the harassment and discrimination experienced by women working for NFL teams and their players as well as all of men's professional sports.
"I hope that Ms. Scavo's and Ms. O'Toole's courage to bring this suit will empower other women to come forward without fear of retaliation and retribution in order to protect their livelihoods and self-respect."
- Selena Gomez Chops Off Her Hair - See Her New Short Haircut!
- DC to Bring Beast Boy to Life in Live-Action Series 'Titans'
- 'Star Wars Episode IX', 'Indian Jones 5', 'Frozen 2' Get Release Dates
- Is DC Comedy 'Powerless' Canceled by NBC?
- Seth Rogen and Billy Eichner Join Live-Action 'Lion King'
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?