Waka Flocka Flame Surrenders, Hearing Date Set
Rap star Waka Flocka Flame has surrendered to police in Georgia after a heart to heart chat with his mum. The "Onion Booty" hitmaker, real name Juaquin Malphurs, is being held on charges including drug and weapons possession as well as criminal street gang activity and a probation violation.
Henry County police arrested two people at Waka Flocka's home for possession of marijuana last month. Police issued a warrant for his arrest because he was not home at the time. His friend and associate Gucci Mane was briefly handcuffed during the raid.
Flocka's mum tells TMZ.com her son surrendered to the authorities because "he wanted to do the right thing and didn't want to run." A hearing is set for Tuesday, January 4.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says