Details of How Hugh Hefner Proposed to Playboy Playmate
Hugh Hefner made his Christmas Day proposal to Playboy Playmate Crystal Harris extra special by theming it around her favorite movie "The Little Mermaid". The 84-year-old publishing mogul popped the question to his 24-year-old fiancee over the holidays and he personalized the proposal by handing Harris her ring in an unusual box.
Hefner explains, "I got her a little music box with the Mermaid theme to it, and it just looked like the perfect size and the perfect place to be the ring box. So when she started unwrapping that gift, I reached over and wound it so it was playing music while she discovered what was inside."
Harris adds to People.com, "We were up in the bedroom and my favorite movie is The Little Mermaid, so he had the ring in a Little Mermaid box, and that was so special. I opened it and the first thing he said to me was, 'I hope it fits!' "
And the Playboy founder insists the massive age-gap between the couple doesn't matter: "(She) is so totally devoted. Her priorities are pretty much our relationship, No. 1 and No. 2 and 3, and you don't always find that. Despite the age disparity, the truth of the matter is we have a great deal in common, we really complement one another, we have a wonderful time together, and I love her."
More Hugh Hefner News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special