'Forbidden Planet' Star Anne Francis Passed Away
Actress Anne Francis has died at the age of 80. The veteran star, best known for her role opposite Leslie Nielsen in 1956 sci-fi classic "Forbidden Planet", passed away on Sunday, January 2 at a retirement home in Santa Barbara, California after a battle with pancreatic cancer.
Francis started her career as a child model and later worked as a radio actress before moving on to the big screen in the late 1940s. She enjoyed roles in more than 30 movies, including "Funny Girl" and "Summer Holiday", as well as TV appearances in "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.", "Honey West" and "The Fugitive".
Francis, who was twice-divorced, is survived by her daughters Jane and Margaret.
- Nick Jonas Caught Enjoying a Date Night With a Mystery Blonde
- The Next 'X-Men' Sequel May Be Directed by Simon Kinberg
- Jimmy Kimmel Will Try His Best to Keep Matt Damon Off Oscars' Stage
- Prince Harry Plans to Move to the U.S. Once He Marries Meghan Markle
- Ed Sheeran Covers Little Mix's 'Touch' in Radio 1's Live Lounge
- Blonde Justin Bieber Enjoys Sunbathing in Acapulco - See the Pics
- 'Game of Thrones' Actor Alfie Allen to Join 'The Predator'
- Ben Affleck Moves Back in With Jennifer Garner Amid Divorce Rumors