'Forbidden Planet' Star Anne Francis Passed Away
Actress Anne Francis has died at the age of 80. The veteran star, best known for her role opposite Leslie Nielsen in 1956 sci-fi classic "Forbidden Planet", passed away on Sunday, January 2 at a retirement home in Santa Barbara, California after a battle with pancreatic cancer.
Francis started her career as a child model and later worked as a radio actress before moving on to the big screen in the late 1940s. She enjoyed roles in more than 30 movies, including "Funny Girl" and "Summer Holiday", as well as TV appearances in "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.", "Honey West" and "The Fugitive".
Francis, who was twice-divorced, is survived by her daughters Jane and Margaret.
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'