'Forbidden Planet' Star Anne Francis Passed Away
Actress Anne Francis has died at the age of 80. The veteran star, best known for her role opposite Leslie Nielsen in 1956 sci-fi classic "Forbidden Planet", passed away on Sunday, January 2 at a retirement home in Santa Barbara, California after a battle with pancreatic cancer.
Francis started her career as a child model and later worked as a radio actress before moving on to the big screen in the late 1940s. She enjoyed roles in more than 30 movies, including "Funny Girl" and "Summer Holiday", as well as TV appearances in "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.", "Honey West" and "The Fugitive".
Francis, who was twice-divorced, is survived by her daughters Jane and Margaret.
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set
- Calvin Harris Also Moves On - The DJ Is Surrounded by Sexy Ladies on a Yacht
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert