'Forbidden Planet' Star Anne Francis Passed Away
Actress Anne Francis has died at the age of 80. The veteran star, best known for her role opposite Leslie Nielsen in 1956 sci-fi classic "Forbidden Planet", passed away on Sunday, January 2 at a retirement home in Santa Barbara, California after a battle with pancreatic cancer.
Francis started her career as a child model and later worked as a radio actress before moving on to the big screen in the late 1940s. She enjoyed roles in more than 30 movies, including "Funny Girl" and "Summer Holiday", as well as TV appearances in "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.", "Honey West" and "The Fugitive".
Francis, who was twice-divorced, is survived by her daughters Jane and Margaret.
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service