Black Eyed Peas Hit by Blackout When Performing for Star-Studded Crowd
The Black Eyed Peas were left in the dark during a New Year's Eve performance at a private party in the Caribbean after the venue was hit by a blackout. The band was hired to play at a bash hosted by Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich at his luxurious estate on the island of St Barts.
But as midnight struck, the group's set was brought to a sudden halt by a power cut - the microphones cut out and the lights went off. A source tells New York Post gossip column Page Six, "Everyone screamed, 'Happy New Year,' and then it (the power) went off. Fergie started chanting, 'I Got a Feeling,' and everyone followed. It was a long time in a way, but the power came back."
The Black Eyed Peas continued the show after the power came back on, with apl.de.ap pulling "Star Wars" creator George Lucas onstage, while Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore also jumped up in front of the star-studded crowd, which included Salma Hayek, Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi, Anthony Kiedis and Jason Statham.
In another news related to New Year celebration, P. Diddy had an embarrassing start to 2011 after he was reportedly trapped in an elevator while on his way to a New Year's Eve party in Las Vegas. The hip-hop mogul hosted a bash at hip nightclub LAX and after seeing in midnight, the rapper rushed over to the Cosmopolitan Hotel for his second party of the night.
He entered an elevator with singer Cassie and a number of associates, but the group got stuck on the way to the party and was left trapped for 25 minutes before they were eventually freed, according to New York Post gossip column Page Six. Combs went on to party with stars including Jay-Z, Beyonce Knowles, Kanye West, Jennifer Lopez and Rihanna at the hotel's Marquee nightclub.
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo