Hospitalized, Zsa Zsa Gabor Could Lose Her Leg
Veteran actress Zsa Zsa Gabor is facing the loss of her leg as doctors try to stop a blood clot from spreading, according to her husband. Prince Frederic von Anhalt tells TMZ.com he has taken his wife to hospital and fears her leg will be amputated.
Von Anhalt says doctors advised him before the holidays to take her in and have the surgery done, but Gabor refused. The medics have since told her if she didn't have the surgery immediately she would lose her life.
Gabor was hospitalized in November 2010 with a "massive blood clot". The aging star's doctor was called to her Beverly Hills home after she complained about pain and swelling in one of her legs - but the medic referred the case to the emergency services and she was taken to the UCLA Medical Center.
Von Anhalt told the Los Angeles Times that Gabor had a blood infection and was suffering poor circulation in her right leg, adding "She's taking a lot of medicine right now."
The 93 year old has been in and out of hospital since breaking her hip in July last year. She became so frail at one stage, a priest was called to her bedside to read the actress her Last Rites.
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch
- The Internet Mocks Donald Trump for Sniffling and Drinking a Lot During Presidential Debate
- Listen to DNCE's New Single 'Body Moves'
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake