Hospitalized, Zsa Zsa Gabor Could Lose Her Leg
Veteran actress Zsa Zsa Gabor is facing the loss of her leg as doctors try to stop a blood clot from spreading, according to her husband. Prince Frederic von Anhalt tells TMZ.com he has taken his wife to hospital and fears her leg will be amputated.
Von Anhalt says doctors advised him before the holidays to take her in and have the surgery done, but Gabor refused. The medics have since told her if she didn't have the surgery immediately she would lose her life.
Gabor was hospitalized in November 2010 with a "massive blood clot". The aging star's doctor was called to her Beverly Hills home after she complained about pain and swelling in one of her legs - but the medic referred the case to the emergency services and she was taken to the UCLA Medical Center.
Von Anhalt told the Los Angeles Times that Gabor had a blood infection and was suffering poor circulation in her right leg, adding "She's taking a lot of medicine right now."
The 93 year old has been in and out of hospital since breaking her hip in July last year. She became so frail at one stage, a priest was called to her bedside to read the actress her Last Rites.
- Blac Chyna Stuns in New Topless Picture. See Her Enviable Post-Baby Body
- Watch Lady GaGa and Stevie Wonder's Performances at Elton John's 70th Star-Studded Birthday Party
- Brad Pitt Is Ready to Mend His Relationship With Angelina Jolie for the Sake of Their Kids
- Cyborg's Story Is the Heart of 'Justice League', Says Zack Snyder
- Drake's 'More Life' Dethrones Ed Sheeran's 'Divide' on Billboard 200
- 'The Walking Dead' Season Finale Sneak Peeks Tease Betrayal and the Big War
- 'Marvel's Inhumans' Debuts First Official Logo
- Katy Perry and Ryan Phillippe Spotted Flirting During Elton John's Birthday Party