Take That Named Amazon's Best-Selling Music Act
British pop stars Take That have fought off competition from The Beatles and Michael Jackson to be named the best-selling music act ever on website Amazon.co.uk. The group's latest record, "Progress", has dominated Britain's album chart since it was released last month and has gone on to sell more than 1.8 million copies.
Combined with sales of previous discs, Take That have topped the online retailer's music rundown to find the best seller since the site launched in 1998. The Beatles came second on the list, while Michael Jackson was third.
Christopher North, Amazon's vice president of media, says, "(It) is testament to the continued and growing popularity of Take That." The band's latest offering marked their first record with Robbie Williams since he left the line-up in 1995.
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner
- Harry Styles Announces First Solo World Tour
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound