Take That Named Amazon's Best-Selling Music Act
British pop stars Take That have fought off competition from The Beatles and Michael Jackson to be named the best-selling music act ever on website Amazon.co.uk. The group's latest record, "Progress", has dominated Britain's album chart since it was released last month and has gone on to sell more than 1.8 million copies.
Combined with sales of previous discs, Take That have topped the online retailer's music rundown to find the best seller since the site launched in 1998. The Beatles came second on the list, while Michael Jackson was third.
Christopher North, Amazon's vice president of media, says, "(It) is testament to the continued and growing popularity of Take That." The band's latest offering marked their first record with Robbie Williams since he left the line-up in 1995.
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs