Take That Named Amazon's Best-Selling Music Act
British pop stars Take That have fought off competition from The Beatles and Michael Jackson to be named the best-selling music act ever on website Amazon.co.uk. The group's latest record, "Progress", has dominated Britain's album chart since it was released last month and has gone on to sell more than 1.8 million copies.
Combined with sales of previous discs, Take That have topped the online retailer's music rundown to find the best seller since the site launched in 1998. The Beatles came second on the list, while Michael Jackson was third.
Christopher North, Amazon's vice president of media, says, "(It) is testament to the continued and growing popularity of Take That." The band's latest offering marked their first record with Robbie Williams since he left the line-up in 1995.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture