Take That Named Amazon's Best-Selling Music Act
British pop stars Take That have fought off competition from The Beatles and Michael Jackson to be named the best-selling music act ever on website Amazon.co.uk. The group's latest record, "Progress", has dominated Britain's album chart since it was released last month and has gone on to sell more than 1.8 million copies.
Combined with sales of previous discs, Take That have topped the online retailer's music rundown to find the best seller since the site launched in 1998. The Beatles came second on the list, while Michael Jackson was third.
Christopher North, Amazon's vice president of media, says, "(It) is testament to the continued and growing popularity of Take That." The band's latest offering marked their first record with Robbie Williams since he left the line-up in 1995.
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments