Arnold Schwarzenegger to Return to Acting After Leaving Governor Office
Arnold Schwarzenegger is considering a return to acting after he steps down from his post as California Governor next week. The "Terminator" star stepped away from Hollywood to pursue a career in politics and he's been in charge of the state of California since 2003. He will step down at the beginning of 2011 and hand over the role to incoming Democrat Jerry Brown, sparking speculation over his next move.
Schwarzenegger, who filmed short cameo roles for "Terminator Salvation" and "The Expendables" during his stint as governor, admits he finds it easy to take up acting again after long breaks, but can't officially reveal his plans until he is out of office. He tells Variety, "It is like bicycling, or like skiing. You get on it and you feel like there is no time lapse there at all..."
"The list is a long list of things I can do, but nothing I can concentrate on until I am literally, totally out of office. For me the joy of life is not to know, and you get into it and you kind of figure it out. I love that. I don't like safety nets. I am not a believer in that... So you go in there with an open mind and you have to learn very quickly."
Schwarzenegger has also shot down rumors he is poised to take over the post of Chief of the Motion Picture Association of America, adding: "No one has come up to me about that."
More Arnold Schwarzenegger News
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny