Arnold Schwarzenegger to Return to Acting After Leaving Governor Office
Arnold Schwarzenegger is considering a return to acting after he steps down from his post as California Governor next week. The "Terminator" star stepped away from Hollywood to pursue a career in politics and he's been in charge of the state of California since 2003. He will step down at the beginning of 2011 and hand over the role to incoming Democrat Jerry Brown, sparking speculation over his next move.
Schwarzenegger, who filmed short cameo roles for "Terminator Salvation" and "The Expendables" during his stint as governor, admits he finds it easy to take up acting again after long breaks, but can't officially reveal his plans until he is out of office. He tells Variety, "It is like bicycling, or like skiing. You get on it and you feel like there is no time lapse there at all..."
"The list is a long list of things I can do, but nothing I can concentrate on until I am literally, totally out of office. For me the joy of life is not to know, and you get into it and you kind of figure it out. I love that. I don't like safety nets. I am not a believer in that... So you go in there with an open mind and you have to learn very quickly."
Schwarzenegger has also shot down rumors he is poised to take over the post of Chief of the Motion Picture Association of America, adding: "No one has come up to me about that."
More Arnold Schwarzenegger News
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...
- Check Out Details of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's 'Intimate' Dinner in Nashville