Charlie Sheen Rushing to Call Mom After False Death Rumor
Charlie Sheen rushed to call his mother when false reports of his death surfaced over Christmas - to assure her he is still alive and well. A death hoax story, which surfaced online on Sunday, December 26, suggested the "Two and a Half Men" star had died in Switzerland after crashing into a tree at the Zermatt ski resort.
His ex-wife Denise Richards moved quickly to clear up the rumor, insisting Sheen did not spend Christmas in Europe and was on his way to see their two daughters when the story broke. Now Sheen has opened up about the false gossip, joking he initially thought the 'death' reports were linked to the ratings of his hit TV show "Two and a Half Men" - and he was quick to call his mother Janet to reassure her he had come to no harm.
He tells The Insider, "When I heard on the news that I had died the other day, I quickly ran to my PC (computer) and checked the ratings for my show. Hmmm...that's odd, all the numbers appeared solid. Perhaps even up a bit. You can only imagine my relief when I discovered shortly afterward that they were referring to my actual literal death... I then quickly called my mom."
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal