Charlie Sheen Rushing to Call Mom After False Death Rumor
Charlie Sheen rushed to call his mother when false reports of his death surfaced over Christmas - to assure her he is still alive and well. A death hoax story, which surfaced online on Sunday, December 26, suggested the "Two and a Half Men" star had died in Switzerland after crashing into a tree at the Zermatt ski resort.
His ex-wife Denise Richards moved quickly to clear up the rumor, insisting Sheen did not spend Christmas in Europe and was on his way to see their two daughters when the story broke. Now Sheen has opened up about the false gossip, joking he initially thought the 'death' reports were linked to the ratings of his hit TV show "Two and a Half Men" - and he was quick to call his mother Janet to reassure her he had come to no harm.
He tells The Insider, "When I heard on the news that I had died the other day, I quickly ran to my PC (computer) and checked the ratings for my show. Hmmm...that's odd, all the numbers appeared solid. Perhaps even up a bit. You can only imagine my relief when I discovered shortly afterward that they were referring to my actual literal death... I then quickly called my mom."
More Charlie Sheen News
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny