John Mellencamp Ends 18-Year Marriage
Rocker John Mellencamp has split from his wife of 18 years. The veteran songwriter's spokesperson announced on Thursday, December 30 that the star and his supermodel wife Elaine had parted ways.
The statement reads, "John and Elaine Mellencamp are proud of their 20 years together and are very happy with their accomplishments both as parents and as a family. They will continue to raise their two children in Indiana but have decided to call it a day as a couple."
The pair met when Elaine was hired to appear on the cover of his 1991 album "Whenever We Wanted" and they wed the following year. The couple went on to have two sons together, Hud and Speck. No reason has been given for their split.
More John Mellencamp News
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'