Bette Midler Trained the Whole Year for Vegas Show
Veteran entertainer Bette Midler dedicated a full year to preparing for her Las Vegas revue, and endured months of gruelling exercise to ensure she could hit every note. The Grammy Award winner has been performing her colourful live show The Showgirl Must Go On at Sin City's Caesars Palace since February, 2008.
And Midler, who turned 65 on December 1, admits it was a huge feat to prepare for the stage revue, in which she belts her biggest hits alongside 20 back-up dancers, back-up singers The Harlettes and a 13-piece band. She tells Reuters, "A year before we even started rehearsals, I started doing my warm-ups, getting on the treadmill again and lifting weights. It's fascinating to get onstage and run for an hour and a half, wringing wet at the end."
But the Divine Miss M has no regrets. She insists, "I loved every minute of it."
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri
- 'Shameless' Season 8 Renewal Is Put on Hold as Emmy Rossum Asks for Pay Parity
- Ryan Reynolds Finally Reveals Why He Looked So Uninterested in That Taylor Swift Photo