Bette Midler Trained the Whole Year for Vegas Show
Veteran entertainer Bette Midler dedicated a full year to preparing for her Las Vegas revue, and endured months of gruelling exercise to ensure she could hit every note. The Grammy Award winner has been performing her colourful live show The Showgirl Must Go On at Sin City's Caesars Palace since February, 2008.
And Midler, who turned 65 on December 1, admits it was a huge feat to prepare for the stage revue, in which she belts her biggest hits alongside 20 back-up dancers, back-up singers The Harlettes and a 13-piece band. She tells Reuters, "A year before we even started rehearsals, I started doing my warm-ups, getting on the treadmill again and lifting weights. It's fascinating to get onstage and run for an hour and a half, wringing wet at the end."
But the Divine Miss M has no regrets. She insists, "I loved every minute of it."
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says