Bette Midler Trained the Whole Year for Vegas Show
Veteran entertainer Bette Midler dedicated a full year to preparing for her Las Vegas revue, and endured months of gruelling exercise to ensure she could hit every note. The Grammy Award winner has been performing her colourful live show The Showgirl Must Go On at Sin City's Caesars Palace since February, 2008.
And Midler, who turned 65 on December 1, admits it was a huge feat to prepare for the stage revue, in which she belts her biggest hits alongside 20 back-up dancers, back-up singers The Harlettes and a 13-piece band. She tells Reuters, "A year before we even started rehearsals, I started doing my warm-ups, getting on the treadmill again and lifting weights. It's fascinating to get onstage and run for an hour and a half, wringing wet at the end."
But the Divine Miss M has no regrets. She insists, "I loved every minute of it."
More Bette Midler News
- Amber Rose on Kanye West's 'Famous': 'I've Worked My F***ing Ass Off'
- Kris Jenner, 60, Is Reportedly Trying for Another Baby
- Ricky Gervais Is Back as David Brent in Hilarious 'Lady Gypsy' Music Video
- You'll Finally Get to Know More About This 'Gilmore Girls' Character on the Netflix Revival
- Chris Brown Kicked Out of Villa in Ibiza After Covering It in Urine and Vomit
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Enjoy Movie Date in L.A.
- Watch Fergie's 'M.I.L.F. $' Music Video Starring Kim Kardashian and Chrissy Teigen
- Justin Bieber Posts Cryptic Message About Relationship, Says He'd 'Rather Be Lonely'