Autopsy Failed to Find Out Teena Marie's Cause of Death
An autopsy performed on the body of late soul star Teena Marie has failed to determine the cause of her death, and her family will now have to wait up to six weeks for the results of toxicology tests. The singer/songwriter passed away in her sleep at her home in Pasadena, California over the holiday weekend.
Officials looking into her death initially suggested she may have died of natural causes, but a post-mortem examination carried out this week hasn't provided any firm answers. Los Angeles County Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter has confirmed Marie's body showed no signs of trauma, and he admitted toxicology tests which could determine the cause of death will now take about six weeks to come through, according to the Associated Press.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences