Autopsy Failed to Find Out Teena Marie's Cause of Death
An autopsy performed on the body of late soul star Teena Marie has failed to determine the cause of her death, and her family will now have to wait up to six weeks for the results of toxicology tests. The singer/songwriter passed away in her sleep at her home in Pasadena, California over the holiday weekend.
Officials looking into her death initially suggested she may have died of natural causes, but a post-mortem examination carried out this week hasn't provided any firm answers. Los Angeles County Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter has confirmed Marie's body showed no signs of trauma, and he admitted toxicology tests which could determine the cause of death will now take about six weeks to come through, according to the Associated Press.
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'