Autopsy Failed to Find Out Teena Marie's Cause of Death
An autopsy performed on the body of late soul star Teena Marie has failed to determine the cause of her death, and her family will now have to wait up to six weeks for the results of toxicology tests. The singer/songwriter passed away in her sleep at her home in Pasadena, California over the holiday weekend.
Officials looking into her death initially suggested she may have died of natural causes, but a post-mortem examination carried out this week hasn't provided any firm answers. Los Angeles County Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter has confirmed Marie's body showed no signs of trauma, and he admitted toxicology tests which could determine the cause of death will now take about six weeks to come through, according to the Associated Press.
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier