Boney M Star Found Dead in His Hotel Room
Boney M star Bobby Farrell has died at the age of 61. The singer, who was on tour in Russia, was found dead in his hotel room in St. Petersburg on Thursday, December 30 morning. Farrell's body was reportedly discovered by hotel staff after he failed to respond to a wake-up call.
The pop star's agent, John Seine, tells AFP, "(Farrell) was found dead in his bed... The cause of death is not known... He was not feeling well (on Wednesday night)... This morning, he did not wake up." Farrell performed as scheduled in the city on Wednesday night but reportedly complained of breathing difficulties before and after the show.
The vocalist, born Roberto 'Bobby' Alfonso Farrell, rose to fame with Boney M in the 1970s, scoring a number of hits including "Daddy Cool" and "By the Rivers of Babylon". The group disbanded in 1986, but Farrell continued to perform.
- Calvin Harris Takes a Dig at Taylor Swift in 'My Way' Video
- 'Rambo' Gets 'New Blood' Remake Without Sylvester Stallone
- Listen to Alessia Cara's 'Moana' Song 'How Far I'll Go'
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photo Hacker Sentenced to 18 Months in Jail
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'