Boney M Star Found Dead in His Hotel Room
Boney M star Bobby Farrell has died at the age of 61. The singer, who was on tour in Russia, was found dead in his hotel room in St. Petersburg on Thursday, December 30 morning. Farrell's body was reportedly discovered by hotel staff after he failed to respond to a wake-up call.
The pop star's agent, John Seine, tells AFP, "(Farrell) was found dead in his bed... The cause of death is not known... He was not feeling well (on Wednesday night)... This morning, he did not wake up." Farrell performed as scheduled in the city on Wednesday night but reportedly complained of breathing difficulties before and after the show.
The vocalist, born Roberto 'Bobby' Alfonso Farrell, rose to fame with Boney M in the 1970s, scoring a number of hits including "Daddy Cool" and "By the Rivers of Babylon". The group disbanded in 1986, but Farrell continued to perform.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3