Boney M Star Found Dead in His Hotel Room
Boney M star Bobby Farrell has died at the age of 61. The singer, who was on tour in Russia, was found dead in his hotel room in St. Petersburg on Thursday, December 30 morning. Farrell's body was reportedly discovered by hotel staff after he failed to respond to a wake-up call.
The pop star's agent, John Seine, tells AFP, "(Farrell) was found dead in his bed... The cause of death is not known... He was not feeling well (on Wednesday night)... This morning, he did not wake up." Farrell performed as scheduled in the city on Wednesday night but reportedly complained of breathing difficulties before and after the show.
The vocalist, born Roberto 'Bobby' Alfonso Farrell, rose to fame with Boney M in the 1970s, scoring a number of hits including "Daddy Cool" and "By the Rivers of Babylon". The group disbanded in 1986, but Farrell continued to perform.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked