Boney M Star Found Dead in His Hotel Room
Boney M star Bobby Farrell has died at the age of 61. The singer, who was on tour in Russia, was found dead in his hotel room in St. Petersburg on Thursday, December 30 morning. Farrell's body was reportedly discovered by hotel staff after he failed to respond to a wake-up call.
The pop star's agent, John Seine, tells AFP, "(Farrell) was found dead in his bed... The cause of death is not known... He was not feeling well (on Wednesday night)... This morning, he did not wake up." Farrell performed as scheduled in the city on Wednesday night but reportedly complained of breathing difficulties before and after the show.
The vocalist, born Roberto 'Bobby' Alfonso Farrell, rose to fame with Boney M in the 1970s, scoring a number of hits including "Daddy Cool" and "By the Rivers of Babylon". The group disbanded in 1986, but Farrell continued to perform.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media