Boney M Star Found Dead in His Hotel Room
Boney M star Bobby Farrell has died at the age of 61. The singer, who was on tour in Russia, was found dead in his hotel room in St. Petersburg on Thursday, December 30 morning. Farrell's body was reportedly discovered by hotel staff after he failed to respond to a wake-up call.
The pop star's agent, John Seine, tells AFP, "(Farrell) was found dead in his bed... The cause of death is not known... He was not feeling well (on Wednesday night)... This morning, he did not wake up." Farrell performed as scheduled in the city on Wednesday night but reportedly complained of breathing difficulties before and after the show.
The vocalist, born Roberto 'Bobby' Alfonso Farrell, rose to fame with Boney M in the 1970s, scoring a number of hits including "Daddy Cool" and "By the Rivers of Babylon". The group disbanded in 1986, but Farrell continued to perform.
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour