Director Pulls Out of 'Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark' Chat
"Spider-Man" musical director Julie Taymor has axed plans to discuss the beleaguered Broadway production at a public speaking engagement. Taymor had agreed to appear at a New York Times event on January 8 to be interviewed by theater reporter Patrick Healy about "Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark".
But she has now withdrawn from the talk to continue overseeing rehearsals of the stage show. Her representative explains, "With the changes to the Spider-Man production schedule, Julie will be deep in rehearsals and will not be available to participate." Refunds are being offered to ticket holders.
aymor's show has suffered a number of setbacks, including delays and onstage stunt accidents. The musical is due to open in February 2011.
- Dr. Dre Detained Outside His Malibu House After an Alleged Road Rage
- Sarah Silverman Gets Booed for Mocking Bernie Sanders Supporters at DNC
- Kiersey Clemons Confirmed to Star as Iris West in 'The Flash' Movie
- Mariah Carey's Fiance James Packer Grabs Her Boob While Partying in Italy
- 'The Bachelorette': JoJo Picks Final Two After Ruining a Suitor's Fantasy Suite Date
- Justin Bieber and Cody Simpson's Unreleased Song 'Stay Together' Surfaces Online
- 'He's a Dirty Dog!' Sharon Osbourne Blasts Ozzy for Comments on Their Marriage
- Katharine McPhee and Boyfriend Elyes Gabel Call It Quits After Two Years