Director Pulls Out of 'Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark' Chat
"Spider-Man" musical director Julie Taymor has axed plans to discuss the beleaguered Broadway production at a public speaking engagement. Taymor had agreed to appear at a New York Times event on January 8 to be interviewed by theater reporter Patrick Healy about "Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark".
But she has now withdrawn from the talk to continue overseeing rehearsals of the stage show. Her representative explains, "With the changes to the Spider-Man production schedule, Julie will be deep in rehearsals and will not be available to participate." Refunds are being offered to ticket holders.
aymor's show has suffered a number of setbacks, including delays and onstage stunt accidents. The musical is due to open in February 2011.
- Shirtless Orlando Bloom Cozying Up to Katy Perry Look-Alike in Malibu
- Jessica Jones and Trish Arrested in Season 2 Set Photos
- Nas Wants Serious Relationship With Nicki Minaj
- Ariel Winter Flaunts Cleavage, Pulls Down Her Bikini Bottom in New Racy Pics
- Get First Look at Idris Elba and Kate Winslet Amid Freezing Wilderness in 'The Mountain Between Us'
- Tiger Woods Apologizes, Blames 'Unexpected Reaction to Prescribed Medications' for DUI
- Inside Meek Mill and Nicki Minaj's Run-In at Miami Nightclub: He Keeps His Eyes on Her
- Is Fergie 'Kicked Out' of Black Eyed Peas?