Director Pulls Out of 'Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark' Chat
"Spider-Man" musical director Julie Taymor has axed plans to discuss the beleaguered Broadway production at a public speaking engagement. Taymor had agreed to appear at a New York Times event on January 8 to be interviewed by theater reporter Patrick Healy about "Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark".
But she has now withdrawn from the talk to continue overseeing rehearsals of the stage show. Her representative explains, "With the changes to the Spider-Man production schedule, Julie will be deep in rehearsals and will not be available to participate." Refunds are being offered to ticket holders.
aymor's show has suffered a number of setbacks, including delays and onstage stunt accidents. The musical is due to open in February 2011.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation