Director Pulls Out of 'Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark' Chat
"Spider-Man" musical director Julie Taymor has axed plans to discuss the beleaguered Broadway production at a public speaking engagement. Taymor had agreed to appear at a New York Times event on January 8 to be interviewed by theater reporter Patrick Healy about "Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark".
But she has now withdrawn from the talk to continue overseeing rehearsals of the stage show. Her representative explains, "With the changes to the Spider-Man production schedule, Julie will be deep in rehearsals and will not be available to participate." Refunds are being offered to ticket holders.
aymor's show has suffered a number of setbacks, including delays and onstage stunt accidents. The musical is due to open in February 2011.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy