Director Pulls Out of 'Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark' Chat
"Spider-Man" musical director Julie Taymor has axed plans to discuss the beleaguered Broadway production at a public speaking engagement. Taymor had agreed to appear at a New York Times event on January 8 to be interviewed by theater reporter Patrick Healy about "Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark".
But she has now withdrawn from the talk to continue overseeing rehearsals of the stage show. Her representative explains, "With the changes to the Spider-Man production schedule, Julie will be deep in rehearsals and will not be available to participate." Refunds are being offered to ticket holders.
aymor's show has suffered a number of setbacks, including delays and onstage stunt accidents. The musical is due to open in February 2011.
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd