Swimsuit Designer Sylvie Cachay's Cause of Death Revealed
A fashion designer found dead in a bathtub at a luxury Manhattan hotel was killed by a combination of strangulation and drowning, according to New York's Medical Examiner's Office. Swimsuit designer Sylvie Cachay, 33, was found partially clothed in the overflowing bathtub in her room at SoHo House in the early hours of December 9.
Cachay's boyfriend Nicholas Brooks - whose dad is Oscar-winning composer Joseph Brooks - was charged with strangulation and attempted murder earlier this month. Sources close to the case tell the New York Post the charge is likely to be upgraded to murder following the medical examiner's official ruling on Wednesday, December 29.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation