Swimsuit Designer Sylvie Cachay's Cause of Death Revealed
A fashion designer found dead in a bathtub at a luxury Manhattan hotel was killed by a combination of strangulation and drowning, according to New York's Medical Examiner's Office. Swimsuit designer Sylvie Cachay, 33, was found partially clothed in the overflowing bathtub in her room at SoHo House in the early hours of December 9.
Cachay's boyfriend Nicholas Brooks - whose dad is Oscar-winning composer Joseph Brooks - was charged with strangulation and attempted murder earlier this month. Sources close to the case tell the New York Post the charge is likely to be upgraded to murder following the medical examiner's official ruling on Wednesday, December 29.
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding