Owen Wilson's Death Rumor Denied
Owen Wilson is the latest star to fall victim to fictional reports about his death, following fellow
hoax victims Eddie Murphy, Aretha Franklin and Adam Sandler. The "Zoolander" star was rumored to have passed away after a snowboarding accident in Zermatt, Switzerland on Wednesday, December 29.
But a spokesperson for the funnyman has dismissed the gossip, telling GossipCop.com the story is "absolutely false". Murphy and Sandler, as well as Charlie Sheen, were also alleged to have died in Swiss skiing trips in online reports which circulated earlier this week, while Franklin and Aaron Carter have also recently been targeted in death hoaxes.
Morgan Freeman was also among this year's victim of false death reports. It was mentioned that CNN broke the news, but the network quickly brushed it off, tweeting "CNN did not report Morgan Freeman death. Rumor is false. CNN will aggressively investigate this hoax."
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture