Owen Wilson's Death Rumor Denied
Owen Wilson is the latest star to fall victim to fictional reports about his death, following fellow
hoax victims Eddie Murphy, Aretha Franklin and Adam Sandler. The "Zoolander" star was rumored to have passed away after a snowboarding accident in Zermatt, Switzerland on Wednesday, December 29.
But a spokesperson for the funnyman has dismissed the gossip, telling GossipCop.com the story is "absolutely false". Murphy and Sandler, as well as Charlie Sheen, were also alleged to have died in Swiss skiing trips in online reports which circulated earlier this week, while Franklin and Aaron Carter have also recently been targeted in death hoaxes.
Morgan Freeman was also among this year's victim of false death reports. It was mentioned that CNN broke the news, but the network quickly brushed it off, tweeting "CNN did not report Morgan Freeman death. Rumor is false. CNN will aggressively investigate this hoax."
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'