Owen Wilson's Death Rumor Denied
Owen Wilson is the latest star to fall victim to fictional reports about his death, following fellow
hoax victims Eddie Murphy, Aretha Franklin and Adam Sandler. The "Zoolander" star was rumored to have passed away after a snowboarding accident in Zermatt, Switzerland on Wednesday, December 29.
But a spokesperson for the funnyman has dismissed the gossip, telling GossipCop.com the story is "absolutely false". Murphy and Sandler, as well as Charlie Sheen, were also alleged to have died in Swiss skiing trips in online reports which circulated earlier this week, while Franklin and Aaron Carter have also recently been targeted in death hoaxes.
Morgan Freeman was also among this year's victim of false death reports. It was mentioned that CNN broke the news, but the network quickly brushed it off, tweeting "CNN did not report Morgan Freeman death. Rumor is false. CNN will aggressively investigate this hoax."
- Fifth Harmony Heats Up the 'DWTS' Stage With Sexy 'All in My Head' Performance
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace's Murder Trial Begins, His Chilling Line Before the Shooting Is Revealed
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: 'Civil War' and 'Batman v Superman' Dominate Movie Nomination
- 'The Voice' Crowns the Winner, Cee-Lo Green Returns in Star-Studded Finale
- Check Out Christina Aguilera's Powerful Duet With Ariana Grande on 'The Voice'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Finale: Who Wins the Mirror Ball Trophy?
- Niall Horan Blasts 'Abusive' Fans Who Keep Him 'Awake at Night'
- New 'Finding Dory' Trailer: Meet the Younger Version of Dory