Michelle Williams: No Acting for My Daughter
Michelle Williams refuses to let her daughter Matilda star alongside her in movies - because she wants to let the youngster choose her own path in life. The "Brokeback Mountain" star admits she once thought about letting a director cast the five year old, her child with the late Heath Ledger, with her in a film, but ultimately decided against the opportunity.
She tells Reuters, "There were a few very sweet, very light scenes that were more about playing. They were having a hard time finding a child and I said to the director, 'Gosh, Matilda would be the right age.' But then (I) realized if that's something she's interested in, then it's a choice she can make in her own life. It's something she's never expressed interest in doing. Her interests are horseback riding, Flamenco dancing and taking care of puppies."
And Williams was adamant Matilda would have no part in her racy new drama "Blue Valentine", "I think in the context of 'Blue Valentine', that would have been too strange and not healthy for her at all. The things that were happening - the bad vibes of a relationship for instance - felt very real."
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Having a Blast Coming Up With Baby Names'
- Topless Ariel Winter Shows Off Breast Reduction Scars in New Unretouched Pics
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date