Michelle Williams: No Acting for My Daughter
Michelle Williams refuses to let her daughter Matilda star alongside her in movies - because she wants to let the youngster choose her own path in life. The "Brokeback Mountain" star admits she once thought about letting a director cast the five year old, her child with the late Heath Ledger, with her in a film, but ultimately decided against the opportunity.
She tells Reuters, "There were a few very sweet, very light scenes that were more about playing. They were having a hard time finding a child and I said to the director, 'Gosh, Matilda would be the right age.' But then (I) realized if that's something she's interested in, then it's a choice she can make in her own life. It's something she's never expressed interest in doing. Her interests are horseback riding, Flamenco dancing and taking care of puppies."
And Williams was adamant Matilda would have no part in her racy new drama "Blue Valentine", "I think in the context of 'Blue Valentine', that would have been too strange and not healthy for her at all. The things that were happening - the bad vibes of a relationship for instance - felt very real."
More Michelle Williams News
- Awkward! Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Ex John Mayer Attend Drake's Birthday Party
- Is Kendall Jenner Dating Anwar Hadid?
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'