Master P Planning Teena Marie Tribute in Grammys Week
Rap mogul Master P is planning a tribute concert to Teena Marie during the week of the Grammy Awards. The 54 year old, born Mary Christine Brockert, passed away in her sleep at her home in Pasadena, California on Sunday, December 26, and superfan Master P is keen to bring stars together for a remembrance gig in February.
No venue or line-up has been announced, but the show will be staged in Los Angeles on February 11. It will also support Michelle Obama's fight in childhood obesity. "This is not about donating money, it's about bringing awareness to help prolong healthy lives and prevent life shortening health issues," a rep said.
"We are taking the initiative to help fight child obesity by educating the next generation on how to eat right and exercise through music, dance and entertainment," said the press release. "We are connecting musicians and entertainers through concert events to bring awareness to this epidemic of childhood obesity and health issues."
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'