Master P Planning Teena Marie Tribute in Grammys Week
Rap mogul Master P is planning a tribute concert to Teena Marie during the week of the Grammy Awards. The 54 year old, born Mary Christine Brockert, passed away in her sleep at her home in Pasadena, California on Sunday, December 26, and superfan Master P is keen to bring stars together for a remembrance gig in February.
No venue or line-up has been announced, but the show will be staged in Los Angeles on February 11. It will also support Michelle Obama's fight in childhood obesity. "This is not about donating money, it's about bringing awareness to help prolong healthy lives and prevent life shortening health issues," a rep said.
"We are taking the initiative to help fight child obesity by educating the next generation on how to eat right and exercise through music, dance and entertainment," said the press release. "We are connecting musicians and entertainers through concert events to bring awareness to this epidemic of childhood obesity and health issues."
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic