Master P Planning Teena Marie Tribute in Grammys Week
Rap mogul Master P is planning a tribute concert to Teena Marie during the week of the Grammy Awards. The 54 year old, born Mary Christine Brockert, passed away in her sleep at her home in Pasadena, California on Sunday, December 26, and superfan Master P is keen to bring stars together for a remembrance gig in February.
No venue or line-up has been announced, but the show will be staged in Los Angeles on February 11. It will also support Michelle Obama's fight in childhood obesity. "This is not about donating money, it's about bringing awareness to help prolong healthy lives and prevent life shortening health issues," a rep said.
"We are taking the initiative to help fight child obesity by educating the next generation on how to eat right and exercise through music, dance and entertainment," said the press release. "We are connecting musicians and entertainers through concert events to bring awareness to this epidemic of childhood obesity and health issues."
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake