Master P Planning Teena Marie Tribute in Grammys Week
Rap mogul Master P is planning a tribute concert to Teena Marie during the week of the Grammy Awards. The 54 year old, born Mary Christine Brockert, passed away in her sleep at her home in Pasadena, California on Sunday, December 26, and superfan Master P is keen to bring stars together for a remembrance gig in February.
No venue or line-up has been announced, but the show will be staged in Los Angeles on February 11. It will also support Michelle Obama's fight in childhood obesity. "This is not about donating money, it's about bringing awareness to help prolong healthy lives and prevent life shortening health issues," a rep said.
"We are taking the initiative to help fight child obesity by educating the next generation on how to eat right and exercise through music, dance and entertainment," said the press release. "We are connecting musicians and entertainers through concert events to bring awareness to this epidemic of childhood obesity and health issues."
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza
- William Shatner Says Nick Viall 'Needs to Go' From 'DWTS', the 'Bachelor' Star Reacts
- Zac Efron Is Drag Queen, The Rock Disses One Direction in New 'Baywatch' Trailer