Master P Planning Teena Marie Tribute in Grammys Week
Rap mogul Master P is planning a tribute concert to Teena Marie during the week of the Grammy Awards. The 54 year old, born Mary Christine Brockert, passed away in her sleep at her home in Pasadena, California on Sunday, December 26, and superfan Master P is keen to bring stars together for a remembrance gig in February.
No venue or line-up has been announced, but the show will be staged in Los Angeles on February 11. It will also support Michelle Obama's fight in childhood obesity. "This is not about donating money, it's about bringing awareness to help prolong healthy lives and prevent life shortening health issues," a rep said.
"We are taking the initiative to help fight child obesity by educating the next generation on how to eat right and exercise through music, dance and entertainment," said the press release. "We are connecting musicians and entertainers through concert events to bring awareness to this epidemic of childhood obesity and health issues."
- NSFW Alert! Barbara Palvin Ditches Panties to Recreate Sharon Stone's 'Basic Instinct' Scene
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Finale Title Revealed - Here's How It May Hint at the Plot
- 'Justice League 2' Pushed Back to Make Room for Ben Affleck's 'Batman'
- Alexa PenaVega Gives Birth to First Child With Husband Carlos
- Roger Ailes - Megyn Kelly Harassment Movie Is in the Works
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy