Eddie Murphy Did NOT Die in Freak Accident
A representative for Eddie Murphy has dismissed gossip the star passed away following a snowboarding accident, the latest in a new round of celebrity death hoaxes. The actor suffered fatal injuries during a Christmas skiing trip in Switzerland, according to the crazy online story, but Murphy's spokesperson has moved swiftly to dismiss the shock speculation.
The rep tells EW.com, "Absolutely false. I just spoke with him." Aretha Franklin, Aaron Carter, Charlie Sheen and Adam Sandler have also been at the center of fictional death reports in the past week. Sandler was also reportedly the victim of a skiing-related accident in Switzerland.
In another news, Murphy's ex wife Nicole is deep in debt after spending the $15 million settlement she received from Eddie when they divorced in 2006.
- People's Choice Awards 2017: Ellen DeGeneres Breaks Record With 20th Win
- Fergie and Josh Duhamel Are Trying for Baby No. 2
- Khloe Kardashian Is 'Thrilled' She's Expecting First Child With Tristan Thompson
- Sony's Animated 'Spider-Man' Movie Will Feature Miles Morales as the Lead
- People's Choice Awards 2017: J.Lo, Blake Lively, Kristen Bell Stun on Red Carpet
- Grammy Awards 2017: John Legend, Metallica Among First Performers Announced
- Is Charlize Theron's Adopted Son Becoming a Girl? He Wears Box Braids and Pink Outfit
- Ciara and Ex-Fiance Future Reach Custody Agreement Over Son Future Jr.