Natalie Portman Thought She'd Die on 'Black Swan' Set
Pregnant Natalie Portman has opened up about the physical and emotional demands of playing a ballet dancer in "Black Swan", revealing she thought she may "die" during the intense training and filming.
The actress spent up to eight hours a day in dance rehearsals to make her portrayal of a ballerina believable - and even dislocated a rib during the shoot. Petite Portman, who also shed 20 pounds (9.1 kilograms) for the role, admits she became so low while making the movie she felt near to death.
She tells Entertainment Weekly, "There were some nights that I thought I literally was going to die. It was the first time I understood how you could get so wrapped up in a role that it could sort of take you down."
But the movie did bring the actress double joy - she announced earlier this week she is engaged to and pregnant by choreographer fiance Benjamin Millepied, who she met while working on the film.
More Natalie Portman News
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says