Natalie Portman Thought She'd Die on 'Black Swan' Set
Pregnant Natalie Portman has opened up about the physical and emotional demands of playing a ballet dancer in "Black Swan", revealing she thought she may "die" during the intense training and filming.
The actress spent up to eight hours a day in dance rehearsals to make her portrayal of a ballerina believable - and even dislocated a rib during the shoot. Petite Portman, who also shed 20 pounds (9.1 kilograms) for the role, admits she became so low while making the movie she felt near to death.
She tells Entertainment Weekly, "There were some nights that I thought I literally was going to die. It was the first time I understood how you could get so wrapped up in a role that it could sort of take you down."
But the movie did bring the actress double joy - she announced earlier this week she is engaged to and pregnant by choreographer fiance Benjamin Millepied, who she met while working on the film.
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!