Anorexic Model Isabelle Caro Died After Hospitalized for Two Weeks
Isabelle Caro, the French model who gave anorexia a face, has died. She was just 28. Caro passed away on November 17 after battling the eating disorder for almost 15 years.
She shocked and stunned the world in 2007 when she posed naked for an anorexia awareness campaign billboard shot by Italian photographer Oliviero Toscani. Caro had just returned from a job in Japan when she died in her native France, according to the Associated Press.
According to her boyfriend, Swiss singer Vincent Bigler, Caro spent about two weeks in hospital with acute respiratory disease before her passing. He said that he did not know the cause of death though.
Many people, including Jessica Simpson, were moved by her work to raise awareness for Anorexia. "To us, what you're doing right now makes you one of the most beautiful people that we have ever seen," Jessica once said. "And we really just appreciate you sitting in front of us and having such powerful words. God bless you."
- Justin Bieber to Team Up With Anitta on New Song
- Alec Baldwin Will Bring Back Donald Trump Impression to 'Saturday Night Live'
- 'Deadpool 2': Ryan Reynolds Crashes Kid's Birthday Party in New Set Photos
- Is Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's Surrogate Pregnant With Twins?
- Is Ryan Seacrest Planning to Leave 'Live' for Profitable 'American Idol' Deal?
- Ed Sheeran Hits Back After Being Accused of Not Performing Live at Glastonbury
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Kenny Pitted Against Lee in Two-on-One Date
- Inside Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Intimate Weekend in Toronto