Anorexic Model Isabelle Caro Died After Hospitalized for Two Weeks
Isabelle Caro, the French model who gave anorexia a face, has died. She was just 28. Caro passed away on November 17 after battling the eating disorder for almost 15 years.
She shocked and stunned the world in 2007 when she posed naked for an anorexia awareness campaign billboard shot by Italian photographer Oliviero Toscani. Caro had just returned from a job in Japan when she died in her native France, according to the Associated Press.
According to her boyfriend, Swiss singer Vincent Bigler, Caro spent about two weeks in hospital with acute respiratory disease before her passing. He said that he did not know the cause of death though.
Many people, including Jessica Simpson, were moved by her work to raise awareness for Anorexia. "To us, what you're doing right now makes you one of the most beautiful people that we have ever seen," Jessica once said. "And we really just appreciate you sitting in front of us and having such powerful words. God bless you."
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist