Anorexic Model Isabelle Caro Died After Hospitalized for Two Weeks
Isabelle Caro, the French model who gave anorexia a face, has died. She was just 28. Caro passed away on November 17 after battling the eating disorder for almost 15 years.
She shocked and stunned the world in 2007 when she posed naked for an anorexia awareness campaign billboard shot by Italian photographer Oliviero Toscani. Caro had just returned from a job in Japan when she died in her native France, according to the Associated Press.
According to her boyfriend, Swiss singer Vincent Bigler, Caro spent about two weeks in hospital with acute respiratory disease before her passing. He said that he did not know the cause of death though.
Many people, including Jessica Simpson, were moved by her work to raise awareness for Anorexia. "To us, what you're doing right now makes you one of the most beautiful people that we have ever seen," Jessica once said. "And we really just appreciate you sitting in front of us and having such powerful words. God bless you."
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour