Rupert Everett Blasts Jennifer Aniston and Colin Firth
Outspoken actor Rupert Everett is making quick enemies of Jennifer Aniston and fellow Brit Colin Firth, branding her career choices "tasteless" and his performance in movie musical "Mamma Mia!" "career suicide". In a BBC radio rant, the "My Best Friend's Wedding" star admits he can't understand why the two A-listers still have careers in the film industry after consistent film flops - and he used Aniston's turn in box office bombs "The Switch", "The Bounty Hunter" and "Love Happens" as a prime example.
He says, "If you look and analyze the careers of many, many stars, you'll find that they're mostly sustained by the business. I'm not going to start naming names of people whose films have not succeeded at the box office, but you'll find there's lots of women and lots of men in the business that the powers that be decide are right for their business, and they'll stand with them for quite a long time."
"OK, something will go wrong, like Jennifer Aniston will have one too many total flops, but she's still a member of that club... Like a star forming in the universe, things will swirl around her and it will suddenly solidify into another vital tasteless romcom (romantic comedy)."
Everett went on to call out Firth, despite the fact he shone in last year's "A Single Man" and is a favorite to collect a Best Actor Oscar for his role in "The King's Speech". The gay star still can't get past Firth's turn in 2008's "Mamma Mia!" He explains, "Colin Firth I don't think was at all good in Mamma Mia! You know, I would have thought it was almost a careericide (career suicide)."
- Kings of Leon Scores First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Walls'
- Mariah Carey Sizzles in Racy Latex Outfit While Reuniting With Nick Cannon for Halloween Party
- 'The Walking Dead' Reveals Negan's Victim(s) With Brutal Twist
- 'Boo! A Madea Halloween' Tops Domestic Box Office, 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Rules Overseas
- Drake Announces 'More Life' Project, Previews 4 New Songs
- Ryan Gosling Could've Starred on 'Gilmore Girls'
- Are They Dating? John Mayer Spotted Getting Close to Demi Lovato While Hanging Out in LA
- Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom Reach Divorce Settlement