Rupert Everett Blasts Jennifer Aniston and Colin Firth
Outspoken actor Rupert Everett is making quick enemies of Jennifer Aniston and fellow Brit Colin Firth, branding her career choices "tasteless" and his performance in movie musical "Mamma Mia!" "career suicide". In a BBC radio rant, the "My Best Friend's Wedding" star admits he can't understand why the two A-listers still have careers in the film industry after consistent film flops - and he used Aniston's turn in box office bombs "The Switch", "The Bounty Hunter" and "Love Happens" as a prime example.
He says, "If you look and analyze the careers of many, many stars, you'll find that they're mostly sustained by the business. I'm not going to start naming names of people whose films have not succeeded at the box office, but you'll find there's lots of women and lots of men in the business that the powers that be decide are right for their business, and they'll stand with them for quite a long time."
"OK, something will go wrong, like Jennifer Aniston will have one too many total flops, but she's still a member of that club... Like a star forming in the universe, things will swirl around her and it will suddenly solidify into another vital tasteless romcom (romantic comedy)."
Everett went on to call out Firth, despite the fact he shone in last year's "A Single Man" and is a favorite to collect a Best Actor Oscar for his role in "The King's Speech". The gay star still can't get past Firth's turn in 2008's "Mamma Mia!" He explains, "Colin Firth I don't think was at all good in Mamma Mia! You know, I would have thought it was almost a careericide (career suicide)."
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere
- Swimsuit-Clad Lea Michele Flashes Her Derriere During Hawaiian Getaway