Rupert Everett Blasts Jennifer Aniston and Colin Firth
Outspoken actor Rupert Everett is making quick enemies of Jennifer Aniston and fellow Brit Colin Firth, branding her career choices "tasteless" and his performance in movie musical "Mamma Mia!" "career suicide". In a BBC radio rant, the "My Best Friend's Wedding" star admits he can't understand why the two A-listers still have careers in the film industry after consistent film flops - and he used Aniston's turn in box office bombs "The Switch", "The Bounty Hunter" and "Love Happens" as a prime example.
He says, "If you look and analyze the careers of many, many stars, you'll find that they're mostly sustained by the business. I'm not going to start naming names of people whose films have not succeeded at the box office, but you'll find there's lots of women and lots of men in the business that the powers that be decide are right for their business, and they'll stand with them for quite a long time."
"OK, something will go wrong, like Jennifer Aniston will have one too many total flops, but she's still a member of that club... Like a star forming in the universe, things will swirl around her and it will suddenly solidify into another vital tasteless romcom (romantic comedy)."
Everett went on to call out Firth, despite the fact he shone in last year's "A Single Man" and is a favorite to collect a Best Actor Oscar for his role in "The King's Speech". The gay star still can't get past Firth's turn in 2008's "Mamma Mia!" He explains, "Colin Firth I don't think was at all good in Mamma Mia! You know, I would have thought it was almost a careericide (career suicide)."
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked