Ryan Gosling Avoids Taking Many Movie Jobs
Actor Ryan Gosling turns down as many movie jobs as possible, insisting he "feels sick" when he sees himself on the big screen. Two of Gosling's latest films - "Blue Valentine" and "All Good Things" - will hit theaters in the U.S. this month and the simultaneous releases have left him with a sense of dread.
He tells the Los Angeles Times, "I try not to make too many movies. I get sick of myself, so I can imagine how everyone else feels. And for the two to come out at the same time, it makes me feel sick." But "The Notebook" star admits he can't stop himself from acting - although he doesn't quite understand his passion for performing.
Gosling adds, "I don't really like doing interviews because I don't have any answers about why I act. It's like a compulsion. It's (similar to) people who eat and eat and eat and they don't know why and they keep getting fatter but they can't stop. It's like that... And then you find yourself on a set throwing yourself off a bridge, and you're asking yourself, 'Why am I doing this?' And I don't know."
More Ryan Gosling News
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny