Ryan Gosling Avoids Taking Many Movie Jobs
Actor Ryan Gosling turns down as many movie jobs as possible, insisting he "feels sick" when he sees himself on the big screen. Two of Gosling's latest films - "Blue Valentine" and "All Good Things" - will hit theaters in the U.S. this month and the simultaneous releases have left him with a sense of dread.
He tells the Los Angeles Times, "I try not to make too many movies. I get sick of myself, so I can imagine how everyone else feels. And for the two to come out at the same time, it makes me feel sick." But "The Notebook" star admits he can't stop himself from acting - although he doesn't quite understand his passion for performing.
Gosling adds, "I don't really like doing interviews because I don't have any answers about why I act. It's like a compulsion. It's (similar to) people who eat and eat and eat and they don't know why and they keep getting fatter but they can't stop. It's like that... And then you find yourself on a set throwing yourself off a bridge, and you're asking yourself, 'Why am I doing this?' And I don't know."
More Ryan Gosling News
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers