Ryan Gosling Avoids Taking Many Movie Jobs
Actor Ryan Gosling turns down as many movie jobs as possible, insisting he "feels sick" when he sees himself on the big screen. Two of Gosling's latest films - "Blue Valentine" and "All Good Things" - will hit theaters in the U.S. this month and the simultaneous releases have left him with a sense of dread.
He tells the Los Angeles Times, "I try not to make too many movies. I get sick of myself, so I can imagine how everyone else feels. And for the two to come out at the same time, it makes me feel sick." But "The Notebook" star admits he can't stop himself from acting - although he doesn't quite understand his passion for performing.
Gosling adds, "I don't really like doing interviews because I don't have any answers about why I act. It's like a compulsion. It's (similar to) people who eat and eat and eat and they don't know why and they keep getting fatter but they can't stop. It's like that... And then you find yourself on a set throwing yourself off a bridge, and you're asking yourself, 'Why am I doing this?' And I don't know."
More Ryan Gosling News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival