Colin Firth Wants to Play Stripper in Next Movie
Colin Firth is keen to shed his serious movie image - he'd love to play "a transvestite or a stripper" on the big screen. The British actor shot to fame in a 1990s TV adaption of Jane Austen's "Pride & Prejudice" and has since gone on to play stoic roles in films like "Girl with a Pearl Earring" and first-time director Tom Ford's acclaimed 2009 movie "A Single Man.
Firth is tipped for Oscar glory next year with his portrayal of stuttering monarch King George VI in new royal drama "The King's Speech" - but the actor admits he'd like to take on a very different role next. He says, "I'm dying to be a transvestite or a stripper or a pop star. They (roles) just don't tend to come my way."
He had a taste for the flamboyant when he played a closeted gay businessman in hit ABBA movie musical "Mamma Mia!"
More Colin Firth News
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?