Colin Firth Wants to Play Stripper in Next Movie
Colin Firth is keen to shed his serious movie image - he'd love to play "a transvestite or a stripper" on the big screen. The British actor shot to fame in a 1990s TV adaption of Jane Austen's "Pride & Prejudice" and has since gone on to play stoic roles in films like "Girl with a Pearl Earring" and first-time director Tom Ford's acclaimed 2009 movie "A Single Man.
Firth is tipped for Oscar glory next year with his portrayal of stuttering monarch King George VI in new royal drama "The King's Speech" - but the actor admits he'd like to take on a very different role next. He says, "I'm dying to be a transvestite or a stripper or a pop star. They (roles) just don't tend to come my way."
He had a taste for the flamboyant when he played a closeted gay businessman in hit ABBA movie musical "Mamma Mia!"
More Colin Firth News
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo