'Wizard of Oz' Talent Search to Be Televised in TV Show
Andrew Lloyd Webber is in talks with U.S. TV executives over plans to bring his "Wizard of Oz" talent search to America. The composer is hoping to launch a television casting show to find an unknown to play Dorothy in the musical - as he's done in the U.K.
His U.K. show will launch in February 2011 with newcomer Danielle Hope as his leading lady and Michael Crawford returning to the London stage. He hopes his American TV talent search will prove to be healthy competition for Simon Cowell's new "The X Factor (US)" show.
Lloyd Webber tells Britain's Daily Telegraph newspaper, "A couple of the networks in the U.S. have wanted to build something around what I do on TV, and I think with Oz something is definitely going to happen there."
"The X Factor juggernaut is going to be huge there next year but other networks are looking for something to go against it. Once we've found a Dorothy in the U.S., my instinct is to open the show in Kansas (where the story is set)."
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier