P. Diddy and Mary J. Blige Pay Tribute to Late Teena Marie
Stars including Sean 'P. Diddy' Combs and Mary J. Blige are leading tributes to late singer/songwriter Teena Marie, who died over the weekend. The 54 year old reportedly passed away in her sleep at her home in Pasadena, California and her friends and fans have rushed to honor her influential career.
Combs voiced his shock at Marie's death, revealing he saw her just days before her tragic passing. In a post on Twitter.com, he writes, "R.I.P Teena Marie. God Bless. Damn I just saw her the other day."
Blige also posted a message on Twitter to honor Marie, writing, "Rest in peace Teena Marie. My Love for u is forever," while rapper Common added, "Teena and I are both Pisces and we believe that we've been here before. That's why De Ja Vu is my favorite song."
R&B songwriting duo Kenneth Gamble & Leon Huff remembered the singer in a statement, "We're shocked and deeply saddened by the sudden loss of Teena Marie. She was one of the most memorable, soulful and unique R&B vocalists to come out of Motown. We send our condolences to Teena's family, the entire Motown family and of course, our dear friend Berry Gordy."
More P. Diddy News
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch
- The Internet Mocks Donald Trump for Sniffling and Drinking a Lot During Presidential Debate
- Listen to DNCE's New Single 'Body Moves'
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months