P. Diddy and Mary J. Blige Pay Tribute to Late Teena Marie
Stars including Sean 'P. Diddy' Combs and Mary J. Blige are leading tributes to late singer/songwriter Teena Marie, who died over the weekend. The 54 year old reportedly passed away in her sleep at her home in Pasadena, California and her friends and fans have rushed to honor her influential career.
Combs voiced his shock at Marie's death, revealing he saw her just days before her tragic passing. In a post on Twitter.com, he writes, "R.I.P Teena Marie. God Bless. Damn I just saw her the other day."
Blige also posted a message on Twitter to honor Marie, writing, "Rest in peace Teena Marie. My Love for u is forever," while rapper Common added, "Teena and I are both Pisces and we believe that we've been here before. That's why De Ja Vu is my favorite song."
R&B songwriting duo Kenneth Gamble & Leon Huff remembered the singer in a statement, "We're shocked and deeply saddened by the sudden loss of Teena Marie. She was one of the most memorable, soulful and unique R&B vocalists to come out of Motown. We send our condolences to Teena's family, the entire Motown family and of course, our dear friend Berry Gordy."
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences