P. Diddy and Mary J. Blige Pay Tribute to Late Teena Marie
Stars including Sean 'P. Diddy' Combs and Mary J. Blige are leading tributes to late singer/songwriter Teena Marie, who died over the weekend. The 54 year old reportedly passed away in her sleep at her home in Pasadena, California and her friends and fans have rushed to honor her influential career.
Combs voiced his shock at Marie's death, revealing he saw her just days before her tragic passing. In a post on Twitter.com, he writes, "R.I.P Teena Marie. God Bless. Damn I just saw her the other day."
Blige also posted a message on Twitter to honor Marie, writing, "Rest in peace Teena Marie. My Love for u is forever," while rapper Common added, "Teena and I are both Pisces and we believe that we've been here before. That's why De Ja Vu is my favorite song."
R&B songwriting duo Kenneth Gamble & Leon Huff remembered the singer in a statement, "We're shocked and deeply saddened by the sudden loss of Teena Marie. She was one of the most memorable, soulful and unique R&B vocalists to come out of Motown. We send our condolences to Teena's family, the entire Motown family and of course, our dear friend Berry Gordy."
- Antonio Banderas Reveals Suffering From Heart Attack
- Harry Styles Teases First Solo Single and Books Release Date
- Liam Payne and Cheryl Welcome Baby Boy - See the Baby's Pic!
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'