P. Diddy and Mary J. Blige Pay Tribute to Late Teena Marie
Stars including Sean 'P. Diddy' Combs and Mary J. Blige are leading tributes to late singer/songwriter Teena Marie, who died over the weekend. The 54 year old reportedly passed away in her sleep at her home in Pasadena, California and her friends and fans have rushed to honor her influential career.
Combs voiced his shock at Marie's death, revealing he saw her just days before her tragic passing. In a post on Twitter.com, he writes, "R.I.P Teena Marie. God Bless. Damn I just saw her the other day."
Blige also posted a message on Twitter to honor Marie, writing, "Rest in peace Teena Marie. My Love for u is forever," while rapper Common added, "Teena and I are both Pisces and we believe that we've been here before. That's why De Ja Vu is my favorite song."
R&B songwriting duo Kenneth Gamble & Leon Huff remembered the singer in a statement, "We're shocked and deeply saddened by the sudden loss of Teena Marie. She was one of the most memorable, soulful and unique R&B vocalists to come out of Motown. We send our condolences to Teena's family, the entire Motown family and of course, our dear friend Berry Gordy."
- Ex-Wonder Girls Member Sun Mi to Release Second Solo Album in August
- Find Out Why Song Joong Ki Wants to Get Married Early
- Ariel Winter Flaunts Butt Tattoo on Snapchat
- Did Katy Perry Secretly Undergo Plastic Surgery?
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Spark Rise in Bel-Air Property Prices
- 'American Horror Story': Ryan Murphy Shares Photo of 'Cult' Member. Is It Evan Peters?
- Secretly Married? Liam Payne Calls Cheryl His 'Wife' in New Interview
- Comic-Con: 'Ready Player One' First Footage Introduces Stepen Spielberg's VR Dystopia