P. Diddy and Mary J. Blige Pay Tribute to Late Teena Marie
Stars including Sean 'P. Diddy' Combs and Mary J. Blige are leading tributes to late singer/songwriter Teena Marie, who died over the weekend. The 54 year old reportedly passed away in her sleep at her home in Pasadena, California and her friends and fans have rushed to honor her influential career.
Combs voiced his shock at Marie's death, revealing he saw her just days before her tragic passing. In a post on Twitter.com, he writes, "R.I.P Teena Marie. God Bless. Damn I just saw her the other day."
Blige also posted a message on Twitter to honor Marie, writing, "Rest in peace Teena Marie. My Love for u is forever," while rapper Common added, "Teena and I are both Pisces and we believe that we've been here before. That's why De Ja Vu is my favorite song."
R&B songwriting duo Kenneth Gamble & Leon Huff remembered the singer in a statement, "We're shocked and deeply saddened by the sudden loss of Teena Marie. She was one of the most memorable, soulful and unique R&B vocalists to come out of Motown. We send our condolences to Teena's family, the entire Motown family and of course, our dear friend Berry Gordy."
More P. Diddy News
- 'The Bachelorette: Men Tell All': Luke Reveals His Biggest Regret, Nick Challenges Chad to a Fight
- Kim Zolciak and Her Daughter Brielle Sport Huge Pouts After Trip to Plastic Surgeon
- Mariah Carey Casually Throws Shade at the Kardashians. See What She Says
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Producers Plead Guilty Over Harrison Ford's Accident
- Diplo Confirms Usher, Sam Hunt and Travi$ Scott Collabs for Major Lazer's New Album
- Lindsay Lohan Apologizes for Instagram Rant, Isn't Sure She Can Fix Relationship With Fiance
- AMC Renews 'Turn' for Fourth and Final Season
- Keshia Knight Pulliam's Husband Ed Hartwell Files for Divorce, Wants Paternity Test