P. Diddy and Mary J. Blige Pay Tribute to Late Teena Marie
Stars including Sean 'P. Diddy' Combs and Mary J. Blige are leading tributes to late singer/songwriter Teena Marie, who died over the weekend. The 54 year old reportedly passed away in her sleep at her home in Pasadena, California and her friends and fans have rushed to honor her influential career.
Combs voiced his shock at Marie's death, revealing he saw her just days before her tragic passing. In a post on Twitter.com, he writes, "R.I.P Teena Marie. God Bless. Damn I just saw her the other day."
Blige also posted a message on Twitter to honor Marie, writing, "Rest in peace Teena Marie. My Love for u is forever," while rapper Common added, "Teena and I are both Pisces and we believe that we've been here before. That's why De Ja Vu is my favorite song."
R&B songwriting duo Kenneth Gamble & Leon Huff remembered the singer in a statement, "We're shocked and deeply saddened by the sudden loss of Teena Marie. She was one of the most memorable, soulful and unique R&B vocalists to come out of Motown. We send our condolences to Teena's family, the entire Motown family and of course, our dear friend Berry Gordy."
More P. Diddy News
- Calvin Harris Strips Down to His Undies in New Instagram Photo
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs