Madonna Sends Christmas Gifts to Malawian Kids
Madonna made sure orphaned children in Malawi had a merry Christmas - she sent boxes of toys, clothes and other gifts to her charity in the African country. The "Holiday" hitmaker brought some festive cheer to parentless children by shipping the aid packages - which also contained chocolate and sweets - to staff at the Raising Malawi foundation to hand out to local kids.
She included a handwritten note reading: "To my Malawi children on Christmas and Boxing Day. I wish I was with you. See you soon, M." Madonna founded the charity to bring an end to the poverty and hardship suffered by orphans in the landlocked region. She has also adopted two children from the country.
She adopted son David Banda from Malawian orphanage in 2006. Last year, she adopted daughter Mercy James from the Kondanani home.
More Madonna News
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory