Madonna Sends Christmas Gifts to Malawian Kids
Madonna made sure orphaned children in Malawi had a merry Christmas - she sent boxes of toys, clothes and other gifts to her charity in the African country. The "Holiday" hitmaker brought some festive cheer to parentless children by shipping the aid packages - which also contained chocolate and sweets - to staff at the Raising Malawi foundation to hand out to local kids.
She included a handwritten note reading: "To my Malawi children on Christmas and Boxing Day. I wish I was with you. See you soon, M." Madonna founded the charity to bring an end to the poverty and hardship suffered by orphans in the landlocked region. She has also adopted two children from the country.
She adopted son David Banda from Malawian orphanage in 2006. Last year, she adopted daughter Mercy James from the Kondanani home.
More Madonna News
- Andi Dorfman Sparks Plastic Surgery Rumors
- Madonna Is Turning to Ex Sean Penn Amid Adoption Crisis
- 'Beauty and the Beast' Will Feature Disney's First Gay Character
- Jay-Z and Chris Martin Enjoy Night Out in WeHo
- Kris Is Convincing Caitlyn Jenner to Return to 'KUWTK' After 'I Am Cait' Cancellation
- Lady GaGa Confirms Coachella Gig With Line-Up Photo
- 'T.I. and Tiny: The Family Hustle' Is Renewed for Season 6 Amid Their Divorce Drama
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Cozying Up to Mystery Brunette Days Before Katy Perry Split