Madonna Sends Christmas Gifts to Malawian Kids
Madonna made sure orphaned children in Malawi had a merry Christmas - she sent boxes of toys, clothes and other gifts to her charity in the African country. The "Holiday" hitmaker brought some festive cheer to parentless children by shipping the aid packages - which also contained chocolate and sweets - to staff at the Raising Malawi foundation to hand out to local kids.
She included a handwritten note reading: "To my Malawi children on Christmas and Boxing Day. I wish I was with you. See you soon, M." Madonna founded the charity to bring an end to the poverty and hardship suffered by orphans in the landlocked region. She has also adopted two children from the country.
She adopted son David Banda from Malawian orphanage in 2006. Last year, she adopted daughter Mercy James from the Kondanani home.
More Madonna News
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'