Madonna Sends Christmas Gifts to Malawian Kids
Madonna made sure orphaned children in Malawi had a merry Christmas - she sent boxes of toys, clothes and other gifts to her charity in the African country. The "Holiday" hitmaker brought some festive cheer to parentless children by shipping the aid packages - which also contained chocolate and sweets - to staff at the Raising Malawi foundation to hand out to local kids.
She included a handwritten note reading: "To my Malawi children on Christmas and Boxing Day. I wish I was with you. See you soon, M." Madonna founded the charity to bring an end to the poverty and hardship suffered by orphans in the landlocked region. She has also adopted two children from the country.
She adopted son David Banda from Malawian orphanage in 2006. Last year, she adopted daughter Mercy James from the Kondanani home.
- Emma Roberts Is Mad Diva in 'Scream Queens' Season 2 Promo
- Katy Perry Credits Boyfriend Orlando Bloom for Helping Write Her DNC Speech
- Disney Gives 'Rocketeer' a Reboot With Exciting Twist - Get the Deets Here!
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'