Tyler Perry Pays Rent for 88-Year-Old Fire Victim
Moviemaker Tyler Perry has given an 88-year-old grandmother a Christmas to remember after paying for her to rent a home for a year after she was the victim of a blaze last week, on December 21. Rosa Lee Ransby and her four-year-old great-granddaughter lost everything in the fire, but generous Perry has stepped up to find her a new rented place, which he'll pay for while her home is being rebuilt in Coweta County, Georgia.
The filmmaker has also offered to cover the cost of the utility bills and buy her furniture. Ransby moved into her temporary home on Thursday, December 23, according to People.com.
Tyler Perry has completed "Madea's Big Happy Family" based on his play of the same name. In the movie, he serves as a director, writer, producer in addition to tackling a role.
More Tyler Perry News
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns
- Corey Gamble Reportedly Cheats on Kris Jenner With Kourtney Kardashian - Is It True?
- She's Scarily Skinny! Janice Dickinson Looks Thinner Amid Health Crisis
- Drake Blocks Ariana Grande and Blake Shelton From Billboard 200's No. 1
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch