Eminem Recalls His Overdose a Week Before Christmas
Eminem has taken Christmas to his heart after almost missing out on one yule with his family at the height of his drug haze. The "Not Afraid" rapper suffered an overdose of methadone the week before Christmas in 2007 and has little recollection of the holidays, which he ruined for his family.
He says, "My whole month of December leading up to (the overdose), I don't remember s**t. All I remember is I was not able to get out of bed. I got up to use the bathroom. I was standing there, trying to take a p**s, and I fell. I hit the floor hard. I got back up, tried again - and boom, I fell again. And that time I couldn't get up."
The rapper blacked out and woke up in hospital. He tells Rolling Stone, "The first thing I remember is trying to move, and I couldn't. It's like I was paralysed... (and) I couldn't speak. The doctors told me I'd done the equivalent of four bags of heroin. They said I was about two hours from dying."
At that point, Eminem had no idea it was Christmas Day. He adds, "The first thing I wanted to do was call my kids. I wanted to get home, and show them that dad's OK... Being a father, wanting to be there with your kids. It's not a fun thing to deal with." The rapper checked out of hospital a week later.
- 'The Bachelorette': JoJo Picks Final Two After Ruining a Suitor's Fantasy Suite Date
- Justin Bieber and Cody Simpson's Unreleased Song 'Stay Together' Surfaces Online
- 'He's a Dirty Dog!' Sharon Osbourne Blasts Ozzy for Comments on Their Marriage
- Katharine McPhee and Boyfriend Elyes Gabel Call It Quits After Two Years
- Demi Lovato Speaks on Mental Illness, Performs 'Confident' at DNC Opening Night
- Lindsay Lohan Responds to Relationship Drama After Accusing Fiance of Strangling Her
- Britney Spears, U2, Drake, Ariana Grande Lead an Amazing 2016 iHeartRadio Music Festival Line-Up
- Kylie Jenner Launches Kyshadow Collection