Ozzy Osbourne Says Christmas Was 'Perfect Excuse' to Get Drunk
Ozzy Osbourne wants to ban Christmas - he's branded the excitement and hype of the festive season "a wind-up". The former Black Sabbath frontman is adamant most modern festive traditions have little to do with the true meaning of the Christian festival.
And he can no longer tolerate Yuletide since he quit booze, because he always treated the seasonal holidays as the "perfect excuse" to get drunk. In his health column for The Sunday Times Magazine, Osbourne writes, "Christmas should be banned. Full stop. Although when I was drinking, I thought it was great, 'cos it was the perfect excuse to get blasted... Now I can't stand any of it."
"All this '10 more shopping days to go' b**locks is such a wind-up. I ain't exactly Mr Holy, but what's that got to do with Baby Jesus being born?... The faster we get to New Year's Day 2011, the better."
More Ozzy Osbourne News
- Jamie Foxx's Wild Night Out: Boozing and Grinding With Mystery Women
- Listen to Jamie Lynn Spears' Comeback Single 'Sleepover'
- Chloe Moretz: 'I Wanted a Boob Job and Butt Reduction' at Age 16
- Bradley Cooper and Irina Shayk Talk About Building a Future and Having Kids Together
- Check Out These New 'Fast 8' Ice Cars From Iceland Set
- Kelly Clarkson Signs With Atlantic Records, Readies Soul Album for Next Year
- Jesse Is Back on 'The Flash' in Season 3. Will She Turn Into Speedster?
- Justin Bieber Sprains His Ankle After Basketball Game, Tells Fans Not to Worry