Ozzy Osbourne Says Christmas Was 'Perfect Excuse' to Get Drunk
Ozzy Osbourne wants to ban Christmas - he's branded the excitement and hype of the festive season "a wind-up". The former Black Sabbath frontman is adamant most modern festive traditions have little to do with the true meaning of the Christian festival.
And he can no longer tolerate Yuletide since he quit booze, because he always treated the seasonal holidays as the "perfect excuse" to get drunk. In his health column for The Sunday Times Magazine, Osbourne writes, "Christmas should be banned. Full stop. Although when I was drinking, I thought it was great, 'cos it was the perfect excuse to get blasted... Now I can't stand any of it."
"All this '10 more shopping days to go' b**locks is such a wind-up. I ain't exactly Mr Holy, but what's that got to do with Baby Jesus being born?... The faster we get to New Year's Day 2011, the better."
More Ozzy Osbourne News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences