Christian Bale Heading East to Shoot 'Thirteen Women of Nanjing'
Hollywood actor Christian Bale is heading East - he's set to star in a new movie by Chinese director Zhang Yimou. "The Dark Knight" star has signed up to become the first big American actor to take on a lead role in a domestically-financed Chinese film.
"Thirteen Women of Nanjing" will feature Bale as a pious man "who attempts to save a group of young women forced into prostitution by the Japanese Army" during World War Two, Yimou announced in a press conference in Beijing on Wednesday, December 22.
And the filmmaker hopes Bale's attachment to the project will boost international interest in Chinese cinema. Producer Zhang Weiping adds, "Hollywood stars are expensive, but they are worth it because they can influence the whole world."
The film is due to be shot on location in Nanjing, China.
More Christian Bale News
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?
- 'World War Z 2' Will Likely Reunite David Fincher and Brad Pitt