Christian Bale Heading East to Shoot 'Thirteen Women of Nanjing'
Hollywood actor Christian Bale is heading East - he's set to star in a new movie by Chinese director Zhang Yimou. "The Dark Knight" star has signed up to become the first big American actor to take on a lead role in a domestically-financed Chinese film.
"Thirteen Women of Nanjing" will feature Bale as a pious man "who attempts to save a group of young women forced into prostitution by the Japanese Army" during World War Two, Yimou announced in a press conference in Beijing on Wednesday, December 22.
And the filmmaker hopes Bale's attachment to the project will boost international interest in Chinese cinema. Producer Zhang Weiping adds, "Hollywood stars are expensive, but they are worth it because they can influence the whole world."
The film is due to be shot on location in Nanjing, China.
More Christian Bale News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked