Christian Bale Heading East to Shoot 'Thirteen Women of Nanjing'
Hollywood actor Christian Bale is heading East - he's set to star in a new movie by Chinese director Zhang Yimou. "The Dark Knight" star has signed up to become the first big American actor to take on a lead role in a domestically-financed Chinese film.
"Thirteen Women of Nanjing" will feature Bale as a pious man "who attempts to save a group of young women forced into prostitution by the Japanese Army" during World War Two, Yimou announced in a press conference in Beijing on Wednesday, December 22.
And the filmmaker hopes Bale's attachment to the project will boost international interest in Chinese cinema. Producer Zhang Weiping adds, "Hollywood stars are expensive, but they are worth it because they can influence the whole world."
The film is due to be shot on location in Nanjing, China.
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl