Lady GaGa Is the Most Charitable Celebrity of 2010
Lady GaGa has beaten Alicia Keys to lead the list of the most charitable celebrities of the year. The "Poker Face" hitmaker's outspoken support for gay rights and her tireless efforts in the campaign for the repeal of the U.S. military's Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy placed her at number one, just ahead of Keys, who led the charge against HIV and AIDS in 2010.
The ladies are at the top of the Celebs Gone Good countdown, compiled by teen charity DoSomething.org. Country sweetheart Taylor Swift, Hollywood couple Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore, Matt Damon and Justin Bieber all feature in the top 10.
Elsewhere, a similar list about the most charitable celebrities compiled by The Giving Back Fund puts Oprah Winfrey on top. The media mogul is estimated to have donated more than $41 million through her initiative, Oprah Winfrey Foundation, which helps those in need for education access and programs for women and children.
More Lady GaGa News
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed