Lady GaGa Is the Most Charitable Celebrity of 2010
Lady GaGa has beaten Alicia Keys to lead the list of the most charitable celebrities of the year. The "Poker Face" hitmaker's outspoken support for gay rights and her tireless efforts in the campaign for the repeal of the U.S. military's Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy placed her at number one, just ahead of Keys, who led the charge against HIV and AIDS in 2010.
The ladies are at the top of the Celebs Gone Good countdown, compiled by teen charity DoSomething.org. Country sweetheart Taylor Swift, Hollywood couple Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore, Matt Damon and Justin Bieber all feature in the top 10.
Elsewhere, a similar list about the most charitable celebrities compiled by The Giving Back Fund puts Oprah Winfrey on top. The media mogul is estimated to have donated more than $41 million through her initiative, Oprah Winfrey Foundation, which helps those in need for education access and programs for women and children.
More Lady GaGa News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story