Demi Lovato Reaches Financial Agreement With Alex Welch
Troubled singer/actress Demi Lovato has reached a financial settlement with a dancer who accused the Disney star of punching her in the face. Alex Welch threatened to sue Lovato earlier this month if she didn't apologize for reportedly lashing out at her during an incident on a plane in October.
The dancer claimed the altercation left her with a black eye and a bruised cheekbone, and the fight is rumored to have prompted Lovato to pull out of a world tour with the Jonas Brothers and check into rehab for undisclosed "emotional and physical issues".
Lawyers for both parties have been locked in negotiations to avoid a court showdown and they have now reached an agreement. Welch's attorney, Donald Karpel, tells TMZ.com, "The parties are satisfied and the dispute has been resolved amicably and completely."
Details of the deal are confidential and have not been released to the press.
More Demi Lovato News
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation