Demi Lovato Reaches Financial Agreement With Alex Welch
Troubled singer/actress Demi Lovato has reached a financial settlement with a dancer who accused the Disney star of punching her in the face. Alex Welch threatened to sue Lovato earlier this month if she didn't apologize for reportedly lashing out at her during an incident on a plane in October.
The dancer claimed the altercation left her with a black eye and a bruised cheekbone, and the fight is rumored to have prompted Lovato to pull out of a world tour with the Jonas Brothers and check into rehab for undisclosed "emotional and physical issues".
Lawyers for both parties have been locked in negotiations to avoid a court showdown and they have now reached an agreement. Welch's attorney, Donald Karpel, tells TMZ.com, "The parties are satisfied and the dispute has been resolved amicably and completely."
Details of the deal are confidential and have not been released to the press.
More Demi Lovato News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby