Demi Lovato Reaches Financial Agreement With Alex Welch
Troubled singer/actress Demi Lovato has reached a financial settlement with a dancer who accused the Disney star of punching her in the face. Alex Welch threatened to sue Lovato earlier this month if she didn't apologize for reportedly lashing out at her during an incident on a plane in October.
The dancer claimed the altercation left her with a black eye and a bruised cheekbone, and the fight is rumored to have prompted Lovato to pull out of a world tour with the Jonas Brothers and check into rehab for undisclosed "emotional and physical issues".
Lawyers for both parties have been locked in negotiations to avoid a court showdown and they have now reached an agreement. Welch's attorney, Donald Karpel, tells TMZ.com, "The parties are satisfied and the dispute has been resolved amicably and completely."
Details of the deal are confidential and have not been released to the press.
More Demi Lovato News
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'