Damon Albarn Bids Farewell to Fans, Fueling Gorillaz Split Rumor
Damon Albarn has fuelled speculation his band Gorillaz won't return after a planned hiatus by bidding farewell to fans at the final gig of the group's world tour in New Zealand. The Blur rocker recently revealed the band will take a break so the various members can focus on other projects, while he's planning to use his time off to write a new stage show.
Gorillaz wrapped up their Escape To Plastic Beach tour in Auckland, New Zealand on Tuesday, December 21 and it was an emotional night for Albarn, who hinted the show might be the band's last. He told the crowd, "I'm really trying to censor my sentimentality tonight... For us, this is the last time... we all hope and pray on this stage, and (for) all the people that work with us, that we will get a chance to work together as a collective again."
"But we may never do that again, so for us tonight is a very charged moment."
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle