Damon Albarn Bids Farewell to Fans, Fueling Gorillaz Split Rumor
Damon Albarn has fuelled speculation his band Gorillaz won't return after a planned hiatus by bidding farewell to fans at the final gig of the group's world tour in New Zealand. The Blur rocker recently revealed the band will take a break so the various members can focus on other projects, while he's planning to use his time off to write a new stage show.
Gorillaz wrapped up their Escape To Plastic Beach tour in Auckland, New Zealand on Tuesday, December 21 and it was an emotional night for Albarn, who hinted the show might be the band's last. He told the crowd, "I'm really trying to censor my sentimentality tonight... For us, this is the last time... we all hope and pray on this stage, and (for) all the people that work with us, that we will get a chance to work together as a collective again."
"But we may never do that again, so for us tonight is a very charged moment."
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip