Paris Hilton Wins First Round of Legal Battle Against Hair Extension Company
Paris Hilton has won the first round in her legal tussle with a hair extensions company - a judge has forced the firm to drop a number of claims against the socialite. Executives at Hairtech International Inc. filed a multi-million dollar lawsuit against the hotel heiress back in August alleging she failed to properly endorse their products after she was signed up as the face of their Dream Catchers range in 2007.
Company bosses accused Hilton of breaking the terms of her deal by wearing extensions made by another company and failing to attend a launch party in 2007 after she was jailed for driving on a suspended licence while on probation for drink-driving.
The case went to court in Los Angeles last Friday , December 17 and Superior Court Judge Gregory Alarcon ruled Hairtech's lawsuit did not properly substantiate a number of allegations against the star, and ordered the claims to be removed from the legal filing.
The judge wiped an allegation of fraud and ordered the firm's lawyers to remove all references to Hilton's wearing of competitors' products. The ruling also demands Hilton's father Rick be removed as a co-defendant in the case.
Hairtech bosses can still proceed with their claim that Hilton breached her contract with her jail stint. Hilton has filed a counter-suit against the company, alleging the firm failed to honor more than $1.7 million in guaranteed payments. A trial is scheduled to begin next November 2011.
More Paris Hilton News
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'