Paris Hilton Wins First Round of Legal Battle Against Hair Extension Company
Paris Hilton has won the first round in her legal tussle with a hair extensions company - a judge has forced the firm to drop a number of claims against the socialite. Executives at Hairtech International Inc. filed a multi-million dollar lawsuit against the hotel heiress back in August alleging she failed to properly endorse their products after she was signed up as the face of their Dream Catchers range in 2007.
Company bosses accused Hilton of breaking the terms of her deal by wearing extensions made by another company and failing to attend a launch party in 2007 after she was jailed for driving on a suspended licence while on probation for drink-driving.
The case went to court in Los Angeles last Friday , December 17 and Superior Court Judge Gregory Alarcon ruled Hairtech's lawsuit did not properly substantiate a number of allegations against the star, and ordered the claims to be removed from the legal filing.
The judge wiped an allegation of fraud and ordered the firm's lawyers to remove all references to Hilton's wearing of competitors' products. The ruling also demands Hilton's father Rick be removed as a co-defendant in the case.
Hairtech bosses can still proceed with their claim that Hilton breached her contract with her jail stint. Hilton has filed a counter-suit against the company, alleging the firm failed to honor more than $1.7 million in guaranteed payments. A trial is scheduled to begin next November 2011.
- HBO and J.J. Abrams Teaming Up for Space Drama 'Glare'
- James Franco's Surprise Role in 'Alien: Covenant' Unveiled
- Angelina Jolie Seen in Public for the First Time Since Brad Pitt Divorce Sans Wedding Ring
- Listen to a Sneak Peek of Louis Tomlinson's Debut Solo Song 'Just Hold On' Featuring Steve Aoki
- They Mean It! Kardashians Not Backing Down Against Blac Chyna Trademarking Her Name
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Sequel Gets Release Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- NSFW Alert! Barbara Palvin Ditches Panties to Recreate Sharon Stone's 'Basic Instinct' Scene
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Finale Title Revealed - Here's How It May Hint at the Plot