Ricky Martin: Adoption Is My Next Step
Ricky Martin is considering expanding his family - he wants to take the "next step" and adopt a tot. The "Livin' La Vida Loca" hitmaker welcomed twin boys, Matteo and Valentino, via a surrogate mother in 2008.
He hit headlines again earlier this year by finally revealing he is gay, and the star has revealed he wants to add to his brood by adopting another child. He tells U.S. TV show Extras, "Even though I started with surrogacy, adoption is probably my next step... Adoption is beautiful. Give it a try!" And he only has one wish for 2011: "I just want my children to be happy. I want my children to be healthy."
Earlier this year, Ricky Martin, along with Maroon 5 and Nelly, performed as part of a U.S. TV special to raise awareness of the importance of adoption.
More Ricky Martin News
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama