Ricky Martin: Adoption Is My Next Step
Ricky Martin is considering expanding his family - he wants to take the "next step" and adopt a tot. The "Livin' La Vida Loca" hitmaker welcomed twin boys, Matteo and Valentino, via a surrogate mother in 2008.
He hit headlines again earlier this year by finally revealing he is gay, and the star has revealed he wants to add to his brood by adopting another child. He tells U.S. TV show Extras, "Even though I started with surrogacy, adoption is probably my next step... Adoption is beautiful. Give it a try!" And he only has one wish for 2011: "I just want my children to be happy. I want my children to be healthy."
Earlier this year, Ricky Martin, along with Maroon 5 and Nelly, performed as part of a U.S. TV special to raise awareness of the importance of adoption.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation