Katy Perry Plans to Start Charity With Russell Brand
Katy Perry and her reformed drug addict husband Russell Brand want to use their fame and fortune for good - they plan to set up a foundation to help the poor and needy. Brand turned his life around from being a heroin addict to become a top comic in the U.K. before launching a movie career in the U.S.
His new pop star wife Perry continues to be amazed by his story and reveals they both want to help others struggling in life by creating their own charity. She tells Britain's Grazia magazine, "He's so intelligent. So full of wonderful plans. If you really want to know what made me fall in love with him was how amazing he was with people, particularly with children."
"Russell has changed his life and wants to help other people change theirs. For all his naughtiness on the surface, underneath he's truly good. My parents adore him. People laugh when I say Russell is a man of God but I'm just waiting for them to see what he does. We have this plan to set up a foundation to help people, feed them, clothe them, give shelter. We don't want to use our fame just to sit on our money on a mountain, we want to do something with it."
More Katy Perry News
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen