Katy Perry Plans to Start Charity With Russell Brand
Katy Perry and her reformed drug addict husband Russell Brand want to use their fame and fortune for good - they plan to set up a foundation to help the poor and needy. Brand turned his life around from being a heroin addict to become a top comic in the U.K. before launching a movie career in the U.S.
His new pop star wife Perry continues to be amazed by his story and reveals they both want to help others struggling in life by creating their own charity. She tells Britain's Grazia magazine, "He's so intelligent. So full of wonderful plans. If you really want to know what made me fall in love with him was how amazing he was with people, particularly with children."
"Russell has changed his life and wants to help other people change theirs. For all his naughtiness on the surface, underneath he's truly good. My parents adore him. People laugh when I say Russell is a man of God but I'm just waiting for them to see what he does. We have this plan to set up a foundation to help people, feed them, clothe them, give shelter. We don't want to use our fame just to sit on our money on a mountain, we want to do something with it."
More Katy Perry News
- Nicki Minaj Has Her Eyes on 'Sexy' Nick Cannon Amid Mariah Carey Diss
- Zayn Malik Terrified About Harry Styles' Solo Album: 'He's Going to Steal My Thunder'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24 Week 2: And the First Eliminated Celebrity Is ...
- Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello Reignite Romance Rumors With Dreamy Cover of Ed Sheeran's 'Kiss'
- Pregnant Beyonce Is 'in Hiding': She's Ballooned So Much She Doesn't Want Her Fans to See!
- See Creepy Pennywise and The Losers Club in New 'It' Photos
- 'True Detective' Will Return for Season 3 With David Milch
- Abby Lee Miller Exits 'Dance Moms': 'I Have Been Manipulated, Disrespected and Used'