Oprah Winfrey Offered Chance to Be Ambassador
Oprah Winfrey was once offered the chance to become a U.S. ambassador by former Secretary of State Colin Powell. The politician and statesman were dining with the talk show queen at a party in Washington, D.C. five years ago when he turned to Winfrey and asked her to consider a high office within the George W. Bush administration.
She tells Parade magazine, "He said that when we were in the ambassadors room and I said, 'Gee... an ambassador! I think that would be really great.' He goes, 'Name your country, baby, name your country'." Winfrey reveals the offer has never been made since.
Instead, the TV mogul is preparing to launch her own network, OWN, which is to air its first program in January 2011.
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie