Nikki Sixx Helps Cancer Ward Kids to Get New Video Games
Motley Crue star Nikki Sixx has turned Santa for young cancer patients in North Carolina after stepping in to replace videogame systems stolen from a hospice. Five consoles and equipment, used by kids undergoing life-saving cancer treatment, were taken from the Carolinas Medical Center on December 4 and when the bassist-turned-radio presenter heard the news, he offered to help.
Sixx reached out to Sony, Disney, Activision and Nintendo and asked bosses to donate replacements. As soon as they heard about what had happened, the companies sent consoles as well as games to the Carolinas Medical Center Children's Cancer Ward. EA Games and Microsoft also participated by giving away X-box 360 consoles and games.
A 45-year-old man has been arrested and charged with stealing the items.
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard
- Justin Bieber Spotted on Dinner Date With Nicola Peltz
- Take a Peek at Gwen Stefani's 'Misery' Music Video in This Teaser
- Miranda Lambert Closes Her Boutique, Sells Building to Ex-Husband Blake Shelton
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?