Nikki Sixx Helps Cancer Ward Kids to Get New Video Games
Motley Crue star Nikki Sixx has turned Santa for young cancer patients in North Carolina after stepping in to replace videogame systems stolen from a hospice. Five consoles and equipment, used by kids undergoing life-saving cancer treatment, were taken from the Carolinas Medical Center on December 4 and when the bassist-turned-radio presenter heard the news, he offered to help.
Sixx reached out to Sony, Disney, Activision and Nintendo and asked bosses to donate replacements. As soon as they heard about what had happened, the companies sent consoles as well as games to the Carolinas Medical Center Children's Cancer Ward. EA Games and Microsoft also participated by giving away X-box 360 consoles and games.
A 45-year-old man has been arrested and charged with stealing the items.
- Avril Lavigne's New Album Is on the Way
- Bella Thorne Comes Out as Bisexual After Photo of Her Kissing Another Woman Emerged
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance Lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle