George Lopez: I Was Joking About Running for Mayor of L.A.
Comedian George Lopez has laughed off reports he is entering the 2018 race to become the Mayor of Los Angeles, insisting he was just joking when he declared his political intentions on Tuesday, December 21. The "Valentine's Day" star and TV presenter made the announcement on America's "Good Day L.A." morning show, revealing he planned to run for office in 2018.
He said, "I do intend to run for Mayor of Los Angeles. Seriously, in eight years. I wanna be Mayor of Los Angeles... If Arnold Schwarzenegger can be Governor (of California), why can't George Lopez by the Mayor of Los Angeles?"
Lopez appeared to confirm his political aspirations in another interview with the Associated Press, but he's now backtracked over the comments and claims he wasn't being serious. He quips, "I don't want to make change, I will want your change!"
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed