George Lopez: I Was Joking About Running for Mayor of L.A.
Comedian George Lopez has laughed off reports he is entering the 2018 race to become the Mayor of Los Angeles, insisting he was just joking when he declared his political intentions on Tuesday, December 21. The "Valentine's Day" star and TV presenter made the announcement on America's "Good Day L.A." morning show, revealing he planned to run for office in 2018.
He said, "I do intend to run for Mayor of Los Angeles. Seriously, in eight years. I wanna be Mayor of Los Angeles... If Arnold Schwarzenegger can be Governor (of California), why can't George Lopez by the Mayor of Los Angeles?"
Lopez appeared to confirm his political aspirations in another interview with the Associated Press, but he's now backtracked over the comments and claims he wasn't being serious. He quips, "I don't want to make change, I will want your change!"
- Taylor Swift's Squad Reportedly Abandons Her After Her 'Embarrassing Feuds and Breakups'
- Watch Britney Spears' Performance at Apple Music Festival in London
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Eliminates Second Pair of Season 23
- Miley Cyrus Disses Mariah Carey, Says 'I've Never Really Been a Fan'
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Reveals How 'Mary Poppins Returns' Connects to Original Movie
- FKA twigs Ditches Her Engagement Ring When Arriving at LAX With Robert Pattinson
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Aren't Speaking, but Not Breaking Up
- NBC's 'This Is Us' Is the First Freshman to Get Full Season Order