George Lopez: I Was Joking About Running for Mayor of L.A.
Comedian George Lopez has laughed off reports he is entering the 2018 race to become the Mayor of Los Angeles, insisting he was just joking when he declared his political intentions on Tuesday, December 21. The "Valentine's Day" star and TV presenter made the announcement on America's "Good Day L.A." morning show, revealing he planned to run for office in 2018.
He said, "I do intend to run for Mayor of Los Angeles. Seriously, in eight years. I wanna be Mayor of Los Angeles... If Arnold Schwarzenegger can be Governor (of California), why can't George Lopez by the Mayor of Los Angeles?"
Lopez appeared to confirm his political aspirations in another interview with the Associated Press, but he's now backtracked over the comments and claims he wasn't being serious. He quips, "I don't want to make change, I will want your change!"
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal