George Lopez: I Was Joking About Running for Mayor of L.A.
Comedian George Lopez has laughed off reports he is entering the 2018 race to become the Mayor of Los Angeles, insisting he was just joking when he declared his political intentions on Tuesday, December 21. The "Valentine's Day" star and TV presenter made the announcement on America's "Good Day L.A." morning show, revealing he planned to run for office in 2018.
He said, "I do intend to run for Mayor of Los Angeles. Seriously, in eight years. I wanna be Mayor of Los Angeles... If Arnold Schwarzenegger can be Governor (of California), why can't George Lopez by the Mayor of Los Angeles?"
Lopez appeared to confirm his political aspirations in another interview with the Associated Press, but he's now backtracked over the comments and claims he wasn't being serious. He quips, "I don't want to make change, I will want your change!"
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture