George Lopez: I Was Joking About Running for Mayor of L.A.
Comedian George Lopez has laughed off reports he is entering the 2018 race to become the Mayor of Los Angeles, insisting he was just joking when he declared his political intentions on Tuesday, December 21. The "Valentine's Day" star and TV presenter made the announcement on America's "Good Day L.A." morning show, revealing he planned to run for office in 2018.
He said, "I do intend to run for Mayor of Los Angeles. Seriously, in eight years. I wanna be Mayor of Los Angeles... If Arnold Schwarzenegger can be Governor (of California), why can't George Lopez by the Mayor of Los Angeles?"
Lopez appeared to confirm his political aspirations in another interview with the Associated Press, but he's now backtracked over the comments and claims he wasn't being serious. He quips, "I don't want to make change, I will want your change!"
- Suki Waterhouse Flashes Nipples in See-Through Dress During Chilly Beach Photo Shoot
- Anne Hathaway Controls a Monster in 'Colossal' Trailer
- Gregg Sulkin and Tyler Posey's Nude Photos Leaked by Ex Bella Thorne?
- Bella Hadid Bumps Into Ex The Weeknd During Concert at Madison Square Garden
- Dwayne Johnson's Black Adam Gets a Solo Movie as DC Splits 'Shazam'
- Amber Rose Claps Back at Haters Accusing Her of Being Rude to Sexual Assault Victim
- Did Charlie Sheen Just Threaten Jon Voight for Speaking at Donald Trump's Pre-Inagural Event?
- Kanye West Is Not Invited to Perform at Trump's Inauguration Because of This!