Taylor Momsen and Michelle Williams Facing Christmas Without Their Family
Taylor Momsen's mission to get home for Christmas has hit another snag - after driving from Germany to Holland in a bid to escape the travel chaos, she's now struggling to catch a flight back to New York. The singer/actress, on tour with her band The Pretty Reckless, was stranded in Cologne after heavy snow closed airports across Europe, so she drove 132 miles along icy roads to Amsterdam on Monday, December 20. She enjoyed a day out in the Dutch city on Tuesday, but when she headed to Schiphol Airport to board a flight home on Wednesday, the "Gossip Girl" star was hit by more delays.
And she now fears she will have to spend Christmas away from her friends and family in the U.S. In a post on her Twitter.com blog, Momsen writes, "Gettin ready to go home, I'm tired... Ok, more airline problems... this is getting ridiculous... just trying to get back for xmas!"
Singer Michelle Williams (II) also is facing Christmas without her family after her flight from London to the U.S. was canceled due to the extreme weather conditions in Europe. The former Destiny's Child star was due to fly out of the U.K. to spend the festive season in her native America, but her scheduled take-off from Heathrow Airport on Tuesday, December 21 was axed.
In a series of posts on her Twitter.com page, she writes, "My flight was cancelled! I am gutted beyond repair! London it's not even snowin... I'm so irritated! It ain't snowin here! It's just cold outside! They need to get some de-icer 4 the planes and salt 4 the runway! Don't get me wrong I love being in London but my mouth is already fixed for some of my mom's sweet potato pie!"
Williams was hoping to fly to America on Wednesday but that journey was canceled as well. She added, "If Heathrow doesn't let me fly out... (I'm) probably here for Christmas! My flight for today was cancelled!"
Meanwhile, actor Jamie Campbell Bower is celebrating his return to Britain after spending three days stranded in America waiting for a flight home because of heavy snow in the U.S. and Europe. The star headed to the airport in New Orleans, Louisiana on Sunday, December 19 but found himself stuck after his flight was canceled.
He was still waiting for a plane out of the city on Monday, December 20, telling his Twitter.com followers, "I will do anything to get home. Any pilots, airlines, captains of fast boats. Please. It's Christmas. My heart can't take anymore let downs." Campbell Bower was finally allocated a ticket to fly on Tuesday and he landed in London on Wednesday.
Updating his online fans about his progress, the actor writes, "Only gone and b**ody landed! Hope all others stuck are safe."
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture
- Iggy Azalea and French Montana Are Pictured Kissing as a Source Confirms Their Relationship
- It's Official: 'Pretty Little Liars' to End With Season 7, 'Grimm' Canceled After 6 Seasons
- Red Band Trailer for 'Kevin Hart: What Now?' Sees Halle Berry as the Comedian's Bond Girl
- Watch Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj Ooze Sexiness in 'Side to Side' Video