Anne Hathaway's Portrayal of Judy Garland Postponed
Production on an upcoming biopic of Judy Garland, starring Anne Hathaway, has been pushed back to allow the actress and movie executives extra time to deal with the "sensitive project". "The Devil Wears Prada" star last year signed on to play the "Wizard of Oz" legend in a big screen adaptation of biographer Gerald Clarke's 2001 book "Get Happy: The Life of Judy Garland".
Work on the movie has yet to begin and Hathaway reveals production may not start until late 2012 - to make sure the film correctly portrays Garland's life story. Speaking on BBC Radio Four's Front Row radio show, the actress says, "It's a very sensitive project and there have been so many stories told about her life that we're really trying to get it right."
"So we're taking our time with it. I know it seems like it's sort of an endless process but it's very, very slow incremental steps. I had a meeting about it a couple of weeks ago and we're all very motivated."
Hathaway also opened up about the struggles of playing Garland on the big screen, adding, "I certainly don't sing like Judy Garland... But I think people might cry murder if they don't get to hear Judy's beloved voice so the talk is for me to sing but I don't know if that's exactly what will happen."
- Charlize Theron Gets Called Out for Letting Her Son Dress Like Elsa of 'Frozen'
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Get Inked Together. Do They Have Matching Tattoos Now?
- Carpool Karaoke: Britney Spears Recreates 'Baby One More Time' Video, Says She'll Never Marry Again
- Mackenzie Davis on Domino Casting Rumor for 'Deadpool 2': 'I Wish I Did!'
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Totally Naked in Hot Tub During Vacation in Greece
- Kylie Jenner Offers Fan Feeling Her Boobs to Prove They're Real
- Britney Spears, Elton John, Calvin Harris to Headline 10th Apple Music Festival in London
- Rob Kardashian Criticizes His Family for Not 'Welcoming' of His Relationship With Blac Chyna