Anne Hathaway's Portrayal of Judy Garland Postponed
Production on an upcoming biopic of Judy Garland, starring Anne Hathaway, has been pushed back to allow the actress and movie executives extra time to deal with the "sensitive project". "The Devil Wears Prada" star last year signed on to play the "Wizard of Oz" legend in a big screen adaptation of biographer Gerald Clarke's 2001 book "Get Happy: The Life of Judy Garland".
Work on the movie has yet to begin and Hathaway reveals production may not start until late 2012 - to make sure the film correctly portrays Garland's life story. Speaking on BBC Radio Four's Front Row radio show, the actress says, "It's a very sensitive project and there have been so many stories told about her life that we're really trying to get it right."
"So we're taking our time with it. I know it seems like it's sort of an endless process but it's very, very slow incremental steps. I had a meeting about it a couple of weeks ago and we're all very motivated."
Hathaway also opened up about the struggles of playing Garland on the big screen, adding, "I certainly don't sing like Judy Garland... But I think people might cry murder if they don't get to hear Judy's beloved voice so the talk is for me to sing but I don't know if that's exactly what will happen."
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch
- The Internet Mocks Donald Trump for Sniffling and Drinking a Lot During Presidential Debate
- Listen to DNCE's New Single 'Body Moves'
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months