Brittany Murphy's Mom Pretends She Didn't Die
Brittany Murphy's mother sometimes "pretends" the actress is still alive - because she struggles to accept the tragic star's "strange" passing a year after her death. The "Clueless" star died suddenly on December 20, 2009 after suffering a cardiac arrest at her Hollywood Hills home and her widower, filmmaker Simon Monjack, passed away just five months later.
Both husband and wife died of pneumonia combined with anemia, and Sharon Murphy admits she's yet to come to terms with the double tragedy. She has found it so difficult to cope on her own, every day is a battle to resume some sort of normalcy.
She tells In Touch Weekly, "Every day is difficult. It's still a challenge to get out of bed and put one foot in front of the other. It's (the two deaths are) beyond strange. Sometimes, just in order to function, I pretend it didn't happen."
Sharon finds comfort in reliving happier times in her life - and she insists on staying put at the Beverly Hills mansion her daughter died in because she feels closer to the late star. She says, "I'm always remembering times with her. She would always say that we grew up together, and that's true. We were so close, and such great friends... I feel their presence here. It's comforting."
More Brittany Murphy News
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!
- Katy Perry's New Album in the Works, Tour to Follow in 2017
- Justin Bieber Launches Another Bizarre Rant
- Sharon Osbourne Defends Kelly for Trashing Ozzy's Alleged Mistress, Can't Help Laughing at It
- Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley Returning to Host 2016 CMA Awards