Keri Hilson Would Love to Work With Lauryn Hill for Her Comeback
R&B singer Keri Hilson is urging hip-hop star Lauryn Hill to reach out for help with her comeback record - because she is convinced their "candour" would make for an "awesome collaboration". The "Knock You Down" hitmaker has been a big fan of the former The Fugees star for years and is delighted to see Hill making plans for a full return to the spotlight following the announcement of a series of concerts over the New Year.
And Hilson, who has written songs for artists like Britney Spears and Mary J. Blige, admits it would be a dream come true to work with the "Everything Is Everything" icon - and she's sure it would be a guaranteed hit. She tells WENN, "Lauryn Hill is someone who is very candid with her music... I have no intent to create some character for the sake of entertainment, I mean, I respect those who do, there are different avenues for entertainment but I loved her candidness, her candor, she's just up there. She exposes all sides of herself, her vulnerabilities, insecurities but you also see the strength and her innocence."
"Even her business savvy she talks about in her records, I just appreciate seeing a woman in true form and that's what I try to do with my music as well, so I figure it would be an awesome collaboration."
Hill has not released a studio album since 1998's "The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill", although a new tune, titled "Repercussions", leaked online in July, sparking fans' hopes a new project is in the works.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal