George Lopez Eying to Run for Mayor of Los Angeles
Comedian George Lopez is turning politician - the funnyman plans to run for Mayor of Los Angeles in 2017. The "Valentine's Day" star and TV host appeared on America's "Good Day L.A." television program on Tuesday morning, December 21, announcing his future plans to take a break from comedy to join the mayoral race.
He said: "I do intend to run for Mayor of Los Angeles. Seriously, in eight years. I wanna be Mayor of Los Angeles." And he's taking cues from fellow actor-turned-politician, California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, as he makes the transition to politics.
Lopez added: "If Arnold Schwarzenegger can be governor, why can't George Lopez by the mayor of Los Angeles?"
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle